Birthday special: 10 interesting facts about Julia Roberts
Do you know Julia Roberts wanted to be a veterinarian? Or that she has featured in a music video? As 'America's Sweetheart' Julia Roberts turns 49 today, here are 10 interesting facts about the 'Pretty Woman'
Julia Roberts. Pic/AFP
1. Julia Roberts wanted to be a veterinarian as a child. She also played the clarinet in her school band.
2. She made her television debut in the series 'Crime Story' (1987) as a juvenile rape victim.
3. Julia Roberts made her first big screen appearance in the film 'Satisfaction' (1988) alongside Liam Neeson and Justine Bateman.
Julia Roberts in a still from 'Satisfaction'. Pic/YouTube
4. She made a breakthrough in Hollywood with 'Mystic Pizza' (1988), 'Steel Magnolias' (1989) and 'Pretty Woman' (1990). She won two Golden Globe Awards and received an Oscar nomination for 'Steel Magnolias' and 'Pretty Woman'. She won the Oscar and the Golden Globe for Best Actress for her performance in 'Erin Brockovich' (2000).
5. You might know that Julia Roberts has a brother, Eric, who is also an actor, but did you know that the siblings starred together in a 1989 film titled 'Blood Red'?
6. 'Valentine's Day' (2010) was not the first time Julia Roberts starred with her niece Emma. Emma was an uncredited extra in Julia Roberts' 'America's Sweethearts' (2001) where she was in the background of a scene.
Julia Roberts with her niece Emma Roberts at the 'Valentine's Day' Los Angeles Premiere at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California. Pic/AFP
7. Julia Roberts revealed on Ellen DeGeneres' talk show that she has tattooed her three children's names -- twins Hazel and Phinnaeus, and Henry -- and her husband Daniel Moder's initials.
8. Julia Roberts is an equestrienne and she did her own horseriding in 'Runaway Bride'.
Julia Roberts in a still from 'Runaway Bride'. Pic/YouTube
9. After giving birth to her twins, Julia's first project wasn't a film, but a music video. She featured in the music video of 'Dreamgirl' by Dave Matthews Band.
Julia Roberts in a still from 'Dreamgirl' music video. Pic/YouTube
10. Julia Roberts' production company 'Red Om' films is her husband Daniel's surname in reverse.