Biscuit company godown gutted in fire
A godown of a biscuit company was gutted in fire at a village near the powerloom town of Bhiwandi in Thane district
The blaze erupted at around 8 PM yesterday in a biscuit godown at Dapoda village and the two-storey premises was completely gutted, police said.
Local firemen had to seek help of their counterparts from nearby locations to control the heavy blaze, they said.
According to fire brigade sources, the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained and there was no casualty in the mishap.
Bhiwandi tehsildar Sunil Shinde along with senior fire and police officials visited the site and supervised the fire fighting operations.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Here's how Narendra Modi celebrated his birthday after becoming the PM