Boy dies after being bitten by snake in bed

Published: Jun 28, 2020, 12:30 IST | IANS | Lakhimpur

The boy screamed in pain and other family member woke up to see the snake on his bed

This picture has been used for representation purpose
This picture has been used for representation purpose

A 15-year-old boy died after being bitten by a black cobra who had slipped inside his mosquito net at Jamalpur village. Chiko was sleeping with the other family members inside the mosquito net on Saturday, when the snake bit him. The boy screamed in pain and other family member woke up to see the snake on his bed.

They managed to bring Chiko out of the bed and took him to a nearby medical facility but he was declared brought dead by the doctor.

The neighbours later managed to catch the snake with the mosquito net and released him in the nearby forest area.

Catch up on all the latest Crime, National, International and Hatke news here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates.

Mid-Day is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@middayinfomedialtd) and stay updated with the latest news

This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
loading image
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK