These 5 breweries in Mumbai perfect for a glass of craft beer
There are many who are looking out for breweries in Mumbai that offer the finest craft beer in the city. Here is the list of some of those Mumbai breweries to chill out this weekend
Mumbai remains awake at midnight too! The pubs and breweries become alive and the sip of fresh craft beer seems like heaven after a day’s toil. You all might still remember your first taste of beer. Was it the obvious Kingfisher or Tuborg? Gone are those days of Kingfisher, Tuborg and Heiniken. Traditional onsite brewing, which existed in Europe since ages, is now common in India. There are many who are looking for breweries in Mumbai that offer the finest craft beers in the city. Here is the list of some of those Mumbai breweries to chill out this weekend:
1. The Barking Deer Brewpub: Choose from a variety of beer brewed on-site and enjoy them along with lip-smacking international food. Not only beer, the place is known for brewed cocktails too.
Must try: Flying Pig Belgian Wit beer, Honey Bee Bragot beer and Bombay Blonde amongst beer and Beertini and Sangria amongst cocktails.
Where: Mathuradas Mill Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel
2. Doolally Taproom: This is a pet-friendly pub of Mumbai where you can bring along your furry friends and enjoy a glass of craft beer with a plate of sizzling housefries. The pub is not only creative with the beer, but also with the dips that come with housefries.
Must try: Apple Cider
Where: Shop No. 5/6, Geleki, ONGC Colony, Reclamation, Bandra West
3. The White Owl: This is yet anther happening brewery in Lower Parel that brings to life Mumbai’s much talked about nightlife. Some of its highlights are valet parking, live music and live sports screening.
Must try: Alfie, Spark and Torpedo
Where: Lobby, Tower 2 B, One Indiabulls Center, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel
4. Sammy Sosa: The red décor of the brewery is something you will fall in love with. Its service is quick and location is suitable for both office goers and weekenders. The availability of parking space is an icing on the cake.
Must try: Amigos tequila flavoured beer, Premium Estonian Beer
Where: Shop 18, Meera CHS, Near Mega Mall, Oshiwara Link Road, Oshiwara, Andheri West
5. Brewbot Eatery and Pub Brewery: If you are here, craft beer is a must try. They have a variety of beer to select from and indeed a great place to hang out after a tiring day at work. Its biggest attraction is the outdoor seating. You can avail WiFi too.
Must try: Skywalker, Floating Head, Mojo Rising
Where: G01 & 101, Morya Landmark 1, Off New Link Road, Veera Desai Area, Veera Desai Area
Craft is more the approach to brewing rather than a specific definition. In case you want to taste some different this weekend, then keep aside the cliché beer available in wine shops and try out craft beer at one of these breweries in Mumbai. Their energetic ambience, warm hospitality and fresh brewed beers will make you remember the weekend for a long.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe