BSP President Mayawati attacks PM Narendra Modi over unemployment data
Mayawati's tweet came after the Ministry of Statics released unemployment data projecting the unemployment rate to be at 6.1 percent in 2017-18
On June 6, 2919, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) President Mayawati mounted a scathing attack on the PM Narendra Modi government over the unemployment rate which has risen to a 45-year-old high at 6.1 percent.
à¤¶à¥à¤°à¤® à¤®à¤à¤¤à¥à¤°à¤¾à¤²à¤¯ à¤¨à¥ à¤²à¥à¤à¤¸à¤à¤¾ à¤à¥à¤¨à¤¾à¤µ à¤à¥ à¤¬à¤¾à¤¦ à¤ à¤¬ à¤ à¤ªà¤¨à¥ à¤¡à¤¾à¤à¤¾ à¤¸à¥ à¤à¤¸ à¤¬à¥à¤°à¥ à¤à¤¬à¤° à¤à¥ à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤£à¤¿à¤¤ à¤à¤° à¤¦à¤¿à¤¯à¤¾ à¤¹à¥ à¤à¤¿ à¤¦à¥à¤¶ à¤®à¥à¤ à¤¬à¥à¤°à¥à¤à¤à¤¾à¤°à¥ à¤à¥ à¤¦à¤° à¤ªà¤¿à¤à¤²à¥ 45 à¤¸à¤¾à¤²à¥à¤ à¤®à¥à¤ à¤¸à¤¬à¤¸à¥ à¤ à¤§à¤¿à¤ 6.1 à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¤à¤¿à¤¶à¤¤ à¤ªà¤° à¤à¤¾ à¤ªà¤¹à¥à¤à¤à¥ à¤¹à¥à¥¤ à¤ªà¤°à¤¨à¥à¤¤à¥ à¤à¤°à¥à¤¬à¥ à¤µ à¤¬à¥à¤°à¥à¤à¤à¤¾à¤°à¥ à¤à¥ à¤¶à¤¿à¤à¤¾à¤° à¤à¤°à¥à¤¡à¤¼à¥à¤ à¤²à¥à¤à¥à¤ à¤¦à¥à¤µà¤¾à¤°à¤¾ à¤ à¤¬ à¤ªà¤à¤¤à¤¾à¤¨à¥ à¤¸à¥ à¤à¥à¤¯à¤¾ à¤¹à¥à¤à¤¾ à¤à¤¬ à¤à¤¿à¤¡à¤¼à¤¿à¤¯à¤¾ à¤à¥à¤ à¤à¤ à¤à¥à¤¤?— Mayawati (@Mayawati) June 6, 2019
à¤¸à¤¾à¤¥ à¤¹à¥ à¤¦à¥à¤¶ à¤à¥ à¤²à¤¿à¤ à¤¯à¤¹ à¤à¥ à¤ à¤à¥à¤à¥ à¤à¤¬à¤° à¤¨à¤¹à¥à¤ à¤¹à¥ à¤à¤¿ à¤à¤¾à¤°à¤¤ à¤à¥ à¤à¤°à¥à¤¥à¤¿à¤ à¤µà¤¿à¤à¤¾à¤¸ à¤à¥ à¤¦à¤° à¤à¤ à¤à¤° 5.8 à¤ªà¤° à¤¹à¥à¤à¤° à¤à¤¾à¤«à¥ à¤¨à¥à¤à¥ à¤à¤²à¥ à¤à¤ à¤¹à¥à¥¤ à¤à¥à¤¡à¥à¤ªà¥ (à¤¸à¤à¤² à¤à¤°à¥à¤²à¥ à¤à¤¤à¥à¤ªà¤¾à¤¦) à¤µà¤¿à¤à¤¾à¤¸ à¤à¥ à¤¯à¤¹ à¤¦à¤° à¤à¥à¤·à¤¿ à¤µ à¤«à¥à¤à¥à¤à¥à¤°à¥ à¤à¤¤à¥à¤ªà¤¾à¤¦ à¤®à¥à¤ à¤à¤¾à¤°à¥ à¤à¤¿à¤°à¤¾à¤µà¤ à¤à¤¾ à¤ªà¤°à¤¿à¤£à¤¾à¤® à¤¹à¥à¥¤ à¤ªà¤¹à¤²à¥ à¤¸à¥ à¤¹à¥ à¤à¤¾à¤«à¥ à¤¤à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¤ à¤¦à¥à¤¶ à¤à¥ à¤à¤°à¥à¤¬ à¤à¤¨à¤¤à¤¾ à¤à¥ à¤à¥à¤µà¤¨ à¤à¤¾ à¤¸à¤¹à¥ à¤à¤²à¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤£ à¤à¥à¤¸à¥ à¤¹à¥à¤à¤¾?— Mayawati (@Mayawati) June 6, 2019
In a series of tweets, Mayawati said: "Just after the Lok Sabha elections, the Labour Ministry has confirmed that the unemployment rate has reached a 45-year high at 6.1 percent. But there is no need for the poor and victims of the unemployment to repent as the time has passed and it's too late... It is of no use to cry over spilt milk."
The former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister's tweet has come after the Ministry of Statics released unemployment data projecting the unemployment rate to be at 6.1 percent in 2017-18.
Questioning the government over the fall in the GDP rate, Mayawati in another tweet wrote: "Also, there is no good news for the country as the rate of economic growth has come down to a low of 5.8 percent. This rate of GDP growth is the result of a huge decline in agricultural and factory production. How will welfare for the already suffering poor be facilitated?"
Top stories of the day
- Mumbai Crime: Air hostess raped by airline staffer in Andheri flat
- Fraudsters use 'X-ray vision' to rob Kalyan woman of jewellery worth Rs 1.5 lakh
- Vasai man arrested for stalking woman online
- Mumbai Crime: Tik Tok star turns out to be habitual thief
- Mumbai: Babu slammed for railway la la land picture
- Scare after 'gelatin sticks' tied in wire, handwritten note found on Shalimar Express
- Mumbai: Railways finally begin to pull down abandoned Vikhroli sub-station
- Mumbai: Banganga revamp has turned our area into a dump, say locals
- Dhule woman's death: Women and Child Welfare Dept seeks expert opinion
- MSCW: Reserve two seats in locals for pregnant women, lactating mothers
- NEET 2019 results: Four from state in top 50, no Mumbai topper in list
- Beed cop sex change saga: Lalit Salve celebrates '1st birthday'
- Government signs MoU for transfer of Aarey land to BMC for zoo
- 'Landlord, MHADA, IIT-B working to get Esplanade demolished'
- Teenaged Navy sailor hangs himself at INS Shivaji in Lonavala
- Tailor held for masturbating in front of four-year-old
- 28-year-old engineer in quest for love on dating app loses Rs 92,000
- Rajnath Singh shares snacks with Indian army jawans at Siachen
- The reason why your Bollywood celebrities look so amazingly good
- Raj Kumar Hirani weaves love story for Shah Rukh Khan?
- Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor clicked at brother Arjun Kapoor's residence
- Bharat Box Office: Salman Khan's film has a fantastic opening
- See Photos: Shah Rukh Khan had a special guest during Eid 2019 celebrations
- Bandra Diaries: This is how Malaika Arora is beating the heat this summer
- Rajinikanth snapped with wife Latha and daughter Soundarya in Bandra
- This is how Arjun Rampal and Gabriella Demetriades chill when at home
- Disha Patani looks chic in distressed jeans and white corset top
- Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Tiger-Disha, Sunny Leone, Ira Khan, Giorgia, Iulia at screening of Bharat
- Taapsee Pannu: Actors wanted my portion abridged in Saand Ki Aankh
- Sayani Gupta: Would stand out with my skin tone in Article 15
- 25 photos of Katrina Kaif that redefine sexiness
- World Cup 2019: India's fanatic supporter Sudhir Gautam's conch shell confiscated
- World Cup 2019 Diary: Sleepy Southampton wakes up to Ind vs SA frenzy
- World Cup 2019: Yuzvendra Chahal... verve and vigour
- World Cup 2019: Rohit Sharma takes down first target after Yuzvendra Chahal setup
- BCCI's ACU to probe Mumbai player's bookie claim: CoA
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
US President Donald Trump calls PM Narendra Modi 'Father of India'