'Can semen at as an antiseptic lotion?'

Apr 03, 2014, 15:04 IST | Dr Prakash Kothari and Rachna Kothari

Clinical sexologist Dr Prakash Kothari and Counseling Psychologist Rachna Kothari answer your sex-related queries

Q. I had a cut on my thumb. I masturbated one night and little semen went into that cut. Next morning my pain was gone and the cut healed up. Can semen at as an antiseptic lotion...?
— Magic solution
A. No! Semen does not have any antiseptic properties. This is just a coincidence!

Q. I am a married woman. It appears that my vagina has become loose. My husband also feels that sometimes his penis is lost in the vagina.
— Anxious
A. Such situation usually occurs when there is hypotonia (weakness) of peri-vaginal muscles. This is common following pregnancy. You may adopt a position like “woman’s legs crossed” where the peno-vaginal grip will be better. Also if you practice pelvic floor muscle exercises, muscle tone may improve within 6-8 weeks. Last resort could be vaginal repair surgery by a competent gynaecologist.

Q. My foreskin does not slip back at all. Hence I want to undergo circumcision. I’d like to know how much it will cost and where I can do it? How many days it take to recover?
— Surgery needed
A. Circumcision is a simple surgical procedure best done by a plastic surgeon/urologist/surgeon. The cost may vary from Rs 1,500-15,000 depending upon the hospital. Recovery usually takes about 2 weeks. Admission in the hospital is not really required; it is a day care surgery.

Q. My semen test shows nil sperm count. I visited various doctors but they say fertilization is impossible and there is no cure. But my heart says there must be some way out. Can you suggest some medicine so that I can get a normal count in 1 or 2 months?
— Help needed
A. Sperms are produced in testicles, they travel via the sperm duct and urethra before they come out as semen. Sperm contributes less than 1% of the total semen volume. If the sperms are not produced at all, no allopathic/ ayurvedic /homeopathic medicine can help. Sometimes they are produced but there is a block in the sperm duct (vas) which can be surgically corrected. You need to consult a male infertility expert or an andrologist.

Related News

    Go to top