Case filed against man for allegedly raping mentally challenged girl
The matter came to light when the girl started showing pregnancy-related symptoms
Jaipur: Rajasthan police on Wednesday registered a case against a man for allegedly raping a mentally challenged minor girl. According to the complaint filed by the girl's father the accused had raped her repeatedly for several months in Rajasthan's Bharatpur district.
In the complaint, the father alleged that the accused identified as Aslam Mohammad, raped her when she used to be alone at home, Kama police station SHO Shri Mohan said.
The matter came to light when the girl started showing pregnancy-related symptoms, he said.
The case has been registered against the accused under section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, the officer added.
In another incident, a 35-year-old man was burnt to death in West Bengal's Malda district after a woman he allegedly raped and set on fire, grabbed him while still ablaze, police said Tuesday. The woman is now under treatment at the Malda Medical College and Hospital with burn injuries in her face and hands, officials said.
She claimed that the accused used to disturb her and entered her house on Monday evening when no one was there. The woman, a widow, said that he then raped her and set her on fire, and she then grabbed him tightly. Police said locals rushed to her house after noticing smoke emanating from there and found both of them on fire inside a room. A jar of kerosene was also found in the room, officials said. They took both of them to a local hospital from where they were referred to the Malda Medical College and Hospital.
The man succumbed on Tuesday morning there, police said. The woman lived at Subhas Colony under Manikchak police station limits. She has three daughters and her eldest daughter was married and lives elsewhere. Police said they were trying to find out why the accused had visited Subhas Colony, which is around 35 km from his residence in Chanchal. Locals claimed that the accused often visited the house of the woman. District Superintendent of Police Arnab Ghosh said, "We are investigating the case from all angles."
(With inputs from PTI)
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai police probe Aditya Pancholi for 'assault and exploitation'
- Sion Hospital rape: He threatened to strangle me to death, says victim
- Video of sickle brandishing 'dada' lands him in jail in Wakad
- Mumbai: Toy gun breaks off as caretaker tries to rob Malad businessmen
- Five years on, Mumbai University continues to use old, shabby library
- Mumbai recalls 'fine gentleman' Nazir Hoosein behind Liberty Cinema
- Carrom player accident: Dombivli residents want working traffic lights, dedicated cops
- Forced to leave Mumbai, Pandey now struggles as a tea-seller in Kashi
- New BMC chief Pravin Pardeshi brings engineers back from leave
- Mumbai: Charkop citizens protest BMC's tree 'trimming'
- Witness statements don't support Tanushree Dutta's sexual harassment story, says Mumbai cops
- Sleepless on SV Road: Mumbai Metro 2B din ruins nights of Santacruz residents
- Skymet: Below normal rainfall expected in monsoon, 15 per cent chance of drought
- Mumbai Crime: Nigerian duo arrested for stealing money from ATMs
- Body of unidentified woman found at Juhu Chowpatty
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe