Challenge: This viral painting features 40 best Indian ads hidden, how many can you spot?
The picture is a treasure trove for those who have a special place in their hearts for the old advertisements
A picture is currently going viral online which has iconic Indian ads hidden in. It's a challenge for people who grew up in India during the '80s and '90s. From Amul’s “utterly-butterly girl” to Dhara’s “jalebi boy”, the picture is a treasure trove for those who have a special place in their hearts for the old advertisements.
The picture is a painting that features scenes and characters from 40 Indian ads. It was shared by a Twitter user Vaibhav Vishal with a caption, "This painting has 40 best Indian ads hidden, including all the classics. Lovely little trip for the nostalgia lovers. Have fun. And reward yourself with some jalebis when done. Kyonki Surf ki kharidari mein hi samajhdaari hai."
Here's the picture which was shared on Twitter:
This painting has 40 best Indian ads hidden, including all the classics. Lovely little trip for the nostalgia lovers. Have fun. And reward yourself with some jalebis when done. Kyonki Surf ki kharidari mein hi samajhdaari hai. :) pic.twitter.com/XCQkUHdbxo— Vaibhav Vishal (@ofnosurnamefame) May 31, 2019
Here is one user decoded the ads in the picture and credited its artists:
40 memorable Indian ads. Can you find them all?— Karthik (@beastoftraal) June 1, 2019
Includes a note to the organizers of #ZeeMELT (@readytomelt) where this was displayed offline.
Credit for the art: Sandeep Sawant, Hitesh Shah, Arun Udmale, Subodh and Pavan, from BBDO India pic.twitter.com/btFLPccN1E
While the painting definitely takes you down the memory lane, many on the microblogging website tried to guess which ads were featured in the picture.
Njoyed the trip down the memory lane.— Hindustani (@highmettle) May 31, 2019
I absolutely loved this ad. They should do a short film on how they shot it.— Whiskey-small Nit (@BaatonKaBhoot) May 31, 2019
Who’s done it? He/she/they deserve so much love.— Sukanya Verma (@SukanyaVerma) May 31, 2019
So how many did you manage to spot? What’s your score?
Top Stories of the day
- Mumbai: 14-year-old girl leaves home with Rs 5,000 to meet Tik Tok star in Nepal
- Mumbai Crime: Borivli businessman held for raping 19-year-old woman in flat
- Mumbai: One dead, two injured as two cars collide near Mahalaxmi Racecourse
- Plant twice the number, or pay up for new trees, Badlapur man who hacked 860 trees told
- Mumbai: 16-storey apartments to accommodate 28,000 civic cleaners
- No more sea view south Mumbai home for the guard from Govandi
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Crime Branch wants custody of three accused doctors in Payal Tadvi case
- Maharashtra is fifth worst in ragging cases; 10 pc ragging complaints over caste-based harassment
- Declare internal assessment marks, state board tells junior colleges
- Make Marathi compulsory in schools, political parties say
- Mumbai: Auto crackdown nets RTO record revenue
- Rules to regulate babus' conduct on new media?
- After Dabangg 3, Salman Khan to start shooting for Kick 2
- Mira Rajput trolled for walking barefoot, with heels in hand at Mumbai airport
- Ali Abbas Zafar: Didn't alter script for Katrina
- Taapsee Pannu: Don't feel like an insider, don't wish to be one
- Jacqueline Fernandez receives a special token from a young fan
- Konkona Sensharma's date with the queer community
- Telly tattle: Faisal Khan takes up gymnastics; Kinshuk Vaidya's next based on Sairaat
- Mira Rajput with Shahid Kapoor, Shilpa Shetty with family clicked in Bandra
- Juhu spotted: Sunny Leone and Daniel Weber's outing with twins and Nisha is too cute
- Katrina Kaif's candid photos: Transformation from Boom to Bharat
- mid-day exclusive: Ajinkya Rahane to watch IND vs SA from his hotel balcony
- World Cup 2019: A hat-trick of opener hundreds beckons Virat Kohli
- World Cup 2019: German footballer Thomas Mueller roots for Virat Kohli
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Closed skywalk in Bandra East leave commuters fuming!