Chargesheet filed against fugitive gangster Prasad Pujari
This is pertaining to the case where Prasad Pujari has contacted two businessmen from South Mumbai to settle their financial disputes
The Mumbai Crime Branch's Anti Extortion Cell (AEC) filed a chargesheet against the fugitive gangster known as Prasad Pujari and two others before the Metropolitan Magistrate Court.
The charge sheet contains 570 pages and the statements of 12 witnesses.
This is pertaining to the case where Prasad Pujari has contacted two businessmen from South Mumbai to settle their financial disputes.
In the month of February this year, the AEC had arrested Mitesh Shah, 38, and Popatlal Porwal, 59, for allegedly resorting to help of fugitive wanted accused Pujari to settle their matter.
According to the charge sheet filed by the police, Porwal and the other businessman have been involved in a financial dispute for a year. Both men had filed police complaints against each other respectively. However, considering the civil nature of the dispute, the police advised them to take the matter to court.
Last year, Porwal contacted Shah and discussed his problem after which Shah helped him in getting in touch with Prasad Pujari for assistance in retrieving his money from his friend.
The businessman in dispute with Porwal started receiving threat calls from the gangster Prasad Pujari and according to his complaint, these threat calls from Pujari were made in December 2018.
Pujari had then ordered him to withdraw the case which was filed against Porwal and demanded that he pay him Rs 4 crore. Fed up of these frequent threat calls from the gangster Pujari, he approached the police for help. Initially, the case was registered with LT Marg police station and then the case was transferred to AEC for investigation.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Aditya Pancholi claims he was threatened with a rape case, submits video
- Mumbai: Kids show how to sort out Vile Parle's traffic woes
- Mumbai: BPO firm asked to pay Rs 2.62 crore or face recovery proceedings
- Mumbai: Narrow approach stalls Jogeshwari project
- Pune: Honest janitor returns mangalsutra worth Rs 2 lakh
- Deven Bharti is new ATS chief, Maharashtra
- Mumbai: HC refuses to vacate stay on BMC's Tree Authority
- Medicine shortage: BMC blacklists rogue supplier
- Dadar's Chitra Cinema to shut down; SOTY 2 to be its last day last show
- Nick Barnes: Power to humiliate has increased dramatically
- Action should follow new BMC chief's promises
- Ramona Narang: The transformation of high society's once wild child
- Aranya Johar: The 20-year-old poet who is taking the internet by storm
- A walk through Mohammed Ali Road's Khau Galli
- Interesting facts about the Holy Month of Ramzan
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
I am an Indian first: ISRO Chief K Sivan's reply to Tamil channel is winning hearts online