Comedian Tim Conway dead at 85
Veteran comedian Tim Conway, who was a core member of The Carol Burnett Show troupe, is dead. He was 85.
Veteran comedian Tim Conway, who was a core member of the "The Carol Burnett Show" troupe, is dead. He was 85. The news of Conway's demise on Tuesday was confirmed by his representative, reported variety.com.
Over his long career, Conway was nominated for 13 Emmy Awards and won six. For "The Carol Burnett Show", he was nominated six times as a supporting performer in a variety or comedy series, winning in 1973, 1977 and 1978.
He was also nominated as part of the writing staff for the show, drawing three nominations and winning in 1978.
Paying condolences to Conway, actress Carol Burnett said in a statement: "I'm heartbroken. He was one in a million, not only as a brilliant comedian but as a loving human being. I cherish the times we had together both on the screen and off. He'll be in my heart forever."
Conway had also lent his versatile voice to a slew of animated productions ranging from "SpongeBob SquarePants" to "Scooby Doo" to the Christian video series "Hermie and Friends".
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra talks about her fitness app; reveals how she looks like a million bucks at 43
- Rakul Preet Singh: Don't have a godfather offering me work
- Revealed! How pilate trainer Namrata Purohit trained Sonakshi Sinha and Kangana Ranaut
- From real to reel: Deepika Padukone to play Ranveer Singh's wife in '83
- Did you know that Sanjay Dutt suggested the role of Maharani in Sadak?
- Bhumi Pednekar: Ayushmann Khurrana and I trust each other as actors
- Cannes 2019 photos: Hina Khan in pink pantsuit is nothing but classy!
- Cannes 2019: Should Deepika Padukone wear red on the red carpet?
PDA Alert! Kareena Kapoor Khan plays with husband Saif Ali Khan's Moustache