Cory Monteith died of deadly cocktail of heroine and alcohol
The final coroner's report has confirmed that 'Glee' star Cory Monteith died using intravenous heroin combined with alcohol.
The British Columbia Coroners Service said that the investigators found a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle in the hotel room where Monteith was found dead, News.com.au reported.
Coroner Claire Thompson asserted that the 31-year-old Canadian actor’s death was an accident.
The report said that Monteith was found in a collapsed position on the hotel room floor and it appeared that he had been dead for several hours.
The ‘Glee’ star had checked into the hotel and when he didn''t check out as expected, the hotel staff entered his room and found him unresponsive on the floor.
Two empty bottles of champagne were also found in the room.