Couple from Mumbai dies after drinking poison in Kolhapur
The bodies of a Virar-based couple were found in a small village in Kolhapur yesterday. They are suspected to have consumed poison. Cops have registered an Accidental Death Report (ADR) in this case
The bodies of a Virar-based couple were found in a small village in Kolhapur yesterday. They are suspected to have consumed poison. The couple was identified as Sonu Vinayak (35) and Arun Naik (40). Police officials have registered an Accidental Death Report (ADR) in this case.
Sub-inspector C S Yadav from Hatkanangale-Ichalkaranji police station said, “While on their morning walk, a group of locals spotted two bodies in a field, following which, they approached us. While the woman was declared dead on arrival at the hospital, the man was convulsing when we rushed them to a CPR hospital in Kolhapur and is critical. The woman’s body was later sent to the rural hospital. The couple drank poison to end their lives. We recovered their bags, a water bottle, footwear, cellphones, a napkin and a bottle of poison.”
Investigating officer PSI M B Kolhi from Hatkanangale-Ichalkaranji police station said the couple’s identity was ascertained following scrutiny of their call logs. “We learnt that they were from Virar in Mumbai. Prima facie investigation revealed that Sonu is married and was missing since January. Her husband had filed a missing person’s report at the Virar police station. Arun’s family has also filed a similar report. Their respective families are on their way to Kolhapur. Since we did’t find any suicide note, the picture will get clear only after their families answer our questions.”