Cristiano Ronaldo to buy a luxury villa worth Rs. 10.9 crore
Ronaldo, who is a big fan of MMA, first met McGregor in Las Vegas in 2016 when the fighter was preparing to avenge his defeat to American Nate Diaz in a re-match. Ronaldo and McGregor did some sparring and even posed for pictures together
Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is planning to buy a £1.3million (R10.9cr) villa near Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) star Conor McGregor's home in Spain. According to a report in British tabloid, The Sun, the former Real Madrid footballer is eyeing a four-bedroom mansion which boasts a view of the Mediterranean, LED driveways, private gyms, cinema rooms and swimming pools in Marbella. The luxury property has been dubbed the super star's cul-de-sac.
Cristiano Ronaldo, who is a big fan of MMA, first met McGregor in Las Vegas in 2016 when the fighter was preparing to avenge his defeat to American Nate Diaz in a re-match. Ronaldo and McGregor did some sparring and even posed for pictures together.
Recently, Cristiano Ronaldo was cleared of all charges over an alleged rape in Las Vegas a decade ago after US prosecutors said that they did not have enough evidence to proceed.
A district attorney in the state of Nevada said it would not prosecute the Portuguese soccer player because it "cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt" that a sexual assault occurred.
A former model, Kathryn Mayorga, had alleged that Cristiano Ronaldo had assaulted her over sexually in Las Vegas in 2009. But the Portuguese superstar had always maintained that the encounter was consensual. Cristiano Ronaldo had also reached a financial 'settlement' with the formal model a year ago according to reports.
The Clark County District Attorney's Office said it had received a report from Mayorga -- who it identified only as "V" -- on June 13, 2009, reporting that she had been the victim of a sexual assault.
Police could not conduct "any meaningful investigation" at the time because she declined to say who assaulted her or where it occurred, the office said in a statement.
As a result, detectives were "unable to search for and impound vital forensic evidence," and video showing Ronaldo and Mayorga together was lost, it added. Mayorga contacted police in August of last year to ask that the case be reopened, at which point she named Ronaldo as the alleged assailant. The case was reopened "in spite of the passage of over nine year," prosecutors said. "Based upon a review of the information presented at this time, the allegations of sexual assault against Cristiano Ronaldo cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt," prosecutors said. "Therefore, no charges will be forthcoming."
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Ravi Shastri re-appointed as Team India head coach