Cyclone Vayu: Flights to resume services across 5 airports in Gujarat
As per the statement, normal flight operations will resume at Diu and Porbandar Airports from 10 a.m. on Thursday
In the wake of Cyclone Vayu, flight services to some 5 airports in Gujarat will become operational from Thursday. "After assessing the situation and the prevalent weather patterns as per the locally available meteorological reports... AAI's Kandla and Keshod Airports to resume normal flight operations from 12 midnight today," AAI said in a statement.
"Normal flight operations will resume at Bhavnagar Airport from 6 a.m. tomorrow (June 14)."
As per the statement, normal flight operations will resume at Diu and Porbandar Airports from 10 a.m. on Thursday. "Airports have also been advised to give priority to relief and search & rescue flights, if and when required.
Keeping safety in mind and in order to minimise damage to the airport infrastructure and to avoid inconvenience to any of stakeholders...," the statement said. In the wake of the flight services to these airports in Gujarat will be suspended from midnight on Wednesday.
#WATCH Indian Coast Guard rescued a man from drowning, 2 nautical miles North of Cabo de Rama beach, Goa, earlier today. The survivor in his early 20s was swept away by ebbing waves from the beach and is now stable. pic.twitter.com/IX9Gs03WG2— ANI (@ANI) June 13, 2019
On the other hand, a Pune-based Indian Army officer who was swept out by the rough sea was rescued in a joint operation by lifeguards and the Indian Coast Guard at South Goa's Cabo de Rama Fort. The young army officer from Pune was on a vacation Goa when he suddenly slipped on the rocks and fell into the rough sea.
The incident occurred on Thursday afternoon at the rocky stretch of beach near the popular Cabo de Rama fort, which the 26-year-old Army officer had frequented during his Goa holiday.
In the video footage released by ANI, the officer is seen trying hard to stay afloat even as the rough sea and strong currents made rescue efforts extremely difficult. Read the full story here.
Top stories of the day
- 'Our whole life destroyed, why should he live?'
- Mumbai: Andheri colony locals shudder at tree breaks
- Rain, wind make cladding around Gandhi mural fall on man, killing him
- Esplanade should be fixed, not demolished, say heritage committee
- Parts of Mumbai may face 10-15 percent water cut till June 14
- Mumbai police help disaster management gain traction on Twitter
- Maoists arrested in May 1 Gadchiroli attack case sent to police custody
- SGNP hosts firefly show despite environmentalists' red flag
- Cabinet expansion: Shiv Sena loyalists likely to miss ministerial berth
- 'Exclude marks given to SSC students for art, sports too'
- Uran graffiti man was in touch with terror suspects, say cops
- Man beheads nephew to 'appease deities' for bountiful harvest
- Rare photos of Mukesh Ambani with wife Nita, parents Dhirubhai and Kokilaben you should not miss!
- Pune police raid 83-year-old activist's Ranchi home
- Ola driver returning customer's wallet restores man's faith in humanity
- Aaditya Thackeray: The young Shiv Sena leader turns 29 today
- Aaditya Thackeray interacts with officials at BMC headquarters in SoBo
- Gujarat on alert as cyclonic storm Vayu moves towards coast
- Heavy showers and cyclone alert in Mumbai!
- Have you seen these fabulous pictures of Disha Patani?
- Bandra Diaries: Ananya Panday, Diana Penty, Krystle D'souza, Nidhhi Agerwal spotted
- Janhvi Kapoor, Mira Rajput, Kriti Sanon sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Juhu Diaries: Sara Ali Khan and Kartik Aaryan look from the next film goes viral
- Shahid Kapoor reveals an intimate detail about his relationship with wife Mira
- Stuart Broad's Nottingham pub does not revolve around cricket
- World Cup 2019: India hope to manage injuries and weather against NZ
- Sania Mirza slams 'cringeworthy' TV ads hyping the Indo-Pak WC match
- Rishabh Pant got nod for WC because he is lefty, says Sanjay Bangar
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe