Daniel Radcliffe: Oscar boycott has already been effective
'Harry Potter' star Daniel Radcliffe says the threat of boycotting Oscars is already changing Hollywood
Los Angeles: 'Harry Potter' star Daniel Radcliffe says the threat of boycotting Oscars is already changing Hollywood.
Daniel Radcliffe. Pic/Santa Banta
"I suppose in a way it's already been effective because there has been a reaction in terms of the Academy working on changing their policy," the 26-year-old star said at the Sundance Film Festival premiere of his new indie drama 'Swiss Army Man'.
"It's the start of a conversation that feels like we shouldn't need anymore because particularly in this industry, we think of ourselves as being liberal (and) very progressive. We need to put our money where our mouth is."
Earlier this week, Spike Lee, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith said they weren't going to attend this year's Oscars because of the lack of diversity among the nominees.
The #OscarsSoWhite controversy erupted again after the nominations were announced on January 14. All of the 20 acting nominees are white.