Decor hacks for cosy winter vibes
Go for fur, velvet and woven upholstery, and breakaway from regular floral patterns this winter. Choose oriental motifs and add some plants to your room to add a cosy vibe during winter, say experts
New Delhi: Go for fur, velvet and woven upholstery, and breakaway from regular floral patterns this winter. Choose oriental motifs and add some plants to your room to add a cosy vibe during winter, say experts. Neerav Jain, Founder and CEO of CityFurnish, and experts at Livspace have listed down some ideas for home decor in winter.
- If your living room furniture is spread out, consider moving sofas and armchairs closer together to create a cosy feel. Add a sofa-bed in your lounge room, so that you can stretch your legs and snuggle under the blanket.
- A coffee table with a modern look with solid wood legs will add to the whole ambience. Bring this table into the space and put your favourite bonsai to add a vibrant look to your living room. Lay around some crochet rugs in mid-tones and put some snowy pinecone candle jars on the table to create your personal coffee corner.
- If your living room needs a fluff then place fuzz cushions on your sofa, this will not only add warmth in your living room but also make it aesthetically appealing.
- The dining room spaces are certainly the main attraction of the house. The chairs and benches are easily interchanged and create a unique look that expresses your individual style. You can go for slip-covered chairs. You can decorate your sheesham wood dining table with seasonal accessories like pillar candles and with solid colour table coasters to give the dining area a classic, vintage feel.
- In your dining room, just opting for brighter curtains and rug can transform your space for winter. Here, sleek solid wood furniture works wonderfully well with contemporary colour-blocking.
- If you're an art-lover, winter is the perfect excuse to splurge on a piece that takes you back to sun-kissed weather. With a dark palette, you can add a pop of colour like orange to the wall. To weave the same theme in the rest of the room, simply add matching cushions.
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai, National and International news here
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, current affairs from Mumbai, local news, crime news and breaking headlines here
A walk through Mohammed Ali Road's Khau Galli