Delhi High Court Bar Association condemns UP Bar Council chief's murder
The DHCBA appealed to the Uttar Pradesh government to investigate the case expeditiously to ensure the severest punishment is awarded to the guilty persons
On June 14, 2019, the Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA) condemned the murder of Uttar Pradesh Bar Council President Darwesh Singh Yadav. "We stand solidly in support of our brothers and sisters of the Uttar Pradesh Bar in this tragic hour and share their grief," DHCBA Secretary Abhijat said.
The association also conveyed its condolences to the members of the bereaved family and also to the entire legal fraternity. The DHCBA appealed to the Uttar Pradesh government to investigate the case expeditiously to ensure the severest punishment is awarded to the guilty persons.
Yadav had been elected as Uttar Pradesh Bar Council President on Sunday. On Wednesday, Yadav was sitting in a lawyer's chamber at the Agra Civil Courts her aide Manish Sharma came in and shot her dead. He pumped three bullets into Yadav's head and chest and then shot himself in the head too.
Sharma was admitted to Medanta Hospital in Gurugram in a critical condition and died later. Following the incident, the state government has upgraded security arrangements in all courts.
The mortal remains of #UttarPradesh Bar Council President #DarweshYadav, who was shot dead on June 12, were consigned to flames in her native #Chandpur village in #Etah district.— IANS Tweets (@ians_india) June 13, 2019
Photo: IANS pic.twitter.com/VDTQP8VP4Z
On June 13, 2019, the mortal remains of Uttar Pradesh Bar Council President Darwesh Yadav, who was shot dead on Wednesday, were consigned to flames in her native Chandpur village in Etah district. Uttar Pradesh Minister Brijesh Pathak was among the thousands who turned up to pay tribute to the deceased. A large number of lawyers were also present on the occasion.
Family members of Darwesh Yadav, meanwhile, demanded a CBI inquiry into the murder and alleged that Manish Sharma (who shot Darwesh Yadav) had embezzled funds which apparently led to her murder. Manish Sharma had shot himself after killing Darwesh Yadav and is admitted to Medanta hospital in Gurugram and is in a critical condition. Read the full story here.
Top stories of the day
- 'Our whole life destroyed, why should he live?'
- Mumbai: Andheri colony locals shudder at tree breaks
- Rain, wind make cladding around Gandhi mural fall on man, killing him
- Esplanade should be fixed, not demolished, say heritage committee
- Parts of Mumbai may face 10-15 percent water cut till June 14
- Mumbai police help disaster management gain traction on Twitter
- Maoists arrested in May 1 Gadchiroli attack case sent to police custody
- SGNP hosts firefly show despite environmentalists' red flag
- Cabinet expansion: Shiv Sena loyalists likely to miss ministerial berth
- 'Exclude marks given to SSC students for art, sports too'
- Uran graffiti man was in touch with terror suspects, say cops
- Man beheads nephew to 'appease deities' for bountiful harvest
- Rare photos of Mukesh Ambani with wife Nita, parents Dhirubhai and Kokilaben you should not miss!
- Pune police raid 83-year-old activist's Ranchi home
- Ola driver returning customer's wallet restores man's faith in humanity
- Aaditya Thackeray: The young Shiv Sena leader turns 29 today
- Aaditya Thackeray interacts with officials at BMC headquarters in SoBo
- Gujarat on alert as cyclonic storm Vayu moves towards coast
- Heavy showers and cyclone alert in Mumbai!
- Have you seen these fabulous pictures of Disha Patani?
- Bandra Diaries: Ananya Panday, Diana Penty, Krystle D'souza, Nidhhi Agerwal spotted
- Janhvi Kapoor, Mira Rajput, Kriti Sanon sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Juhu Diaries: Sara Ali Khan and Kartik Aaryan look from the next film goes viral
- Shahid Kapoor reveals an intimate detail about his relationship with wife Mira
- Stuart Broad's Nottingham pub does not revolve around cricket
- World Cup 2019: India hope to manage injuries and weather against NZ
- Sania Mirza slams 'cringeworthy' TV ads hyping the Indo-Pak WC match
- Rishabh Pant got nod for WC because he is lefty, says Sanjay Bangar
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Delhi High Court on high alert after receiving bomb threat