Delhi man ends up in hospital after eating burger from popular fast-food chain

May 15, 2018, 20:08 IST | PTI

When he was relishing the burger, he felt something rigid in the mouth

Representational picture

A man was hospitalised with a throat injury caused by a piece of plastic in a burger he ate at an outlet of a popular US fast-food chain at the Rajiv Chowk Metro Station in central Delhi. Rakesh Kumar bought a cheese veggie burger from an outlet of Burger King at the metro station on Sunday. When he was relishing it, he felt something rigid in the mouth.

After some time, he started feeling nauseous, Kumar said in his complaint to the police. He informed the shift manager and subsequently, the police. Kumar was taken to the Lady Hardinge Hospital for a medical examination, the police said. A piece of plastic was found in the burger that caused an injury to his pharynx. Kumar was later discharged, they added. The police registered a case and arrested the shift manager of the outlet. He was later granted bail.

Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, crime news, current affairs, and also a complete guide on Mumbai from food to things to do and events across the city here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates

This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/ reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever

DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.

Did Balasaheb Thackeray Try to Kill Sonu Nigam? Here's the truth!

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK