Eight held on kidnapping charge and asking for Rs 5 lakh as ransom in Ghaziabad
Kumar alleged that next day, he received a call for a ransom of Rs 5 lakh. The police recovered two cars, which were allegedly used in the crime
Ghaziabad: Eight persons were arrested on the kidnapping charge in Ghaziabad, Kavi Nagar police said on Friday. The complaint was filed by Lalit Kumar who alleged that his younger brother Nirdosh Rana, 21, was abducted on June 19.
Kumar alleged that next day, he received a call for a ransom of Rs 5 lakh. The police recovered two cars, which were allegedly used in the crime. SP (City) Shlok Kumar said the accused told them that six months ago, Nirdosh and two others identified as Manoj and Ajit had taken Rs 65 lakh from them on the pretext of arranging a job for them in a post office and the Rapid Action Force.
Sunil, one of the accused, told police, "Neither we could get jobs nor they returned our money. Just to mount pressure on them, we abducted Manoj. Thereafter, we forced him to call Nirdosh Rana from his phone to come at the Vaishali Metro station and abducted them to recover the money."
Top News Stories of the Day
- Mumbai: Thanks to Titwala man, MP Manoj Kotak raises local train delays in Lok Sabha
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Why can't cops clearly explain sequence, asks Payal Tadvi's husband
- Yemeni couple comes to India to save child with rare disorder; in trouble to go back home
- Chopped pieces of dead body wrapped in plastic bag found in Palghar
- See Photos: Shloka Mehta really knows how to pull off the no-makeup look!
- MMRDA to demolish Bandra East Skywalk passing over Western Express Highway on Saturday night
- Famous celebs who got married at the age of 40 and above
- Mumbai rains flashback: When Mumbaikars were all smiles during monsoons
- Mumbai: Mantralaya water makes employees sick, officials deny contamination
- Leopard cubs rescued from drowning in a well in Sangamner
- Mumbai Diary: Saturday Dossier
- See Photos: Army dogs, horses beat police troops at asanas on International Yoga Day
- Eight times when Nita Ambani showed how to slay the traditional look
- Mumbai crime: Bank officials foil ATM skimming gang's fraud bid
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Mumbai MTNL building fire: 84 people rescued