Eight injured in cylinder blast as heating rod sets fire to clothes in Meghalaya

Mar 21, 2018, 09:31 IST | IANS

Police said the incident occurred when an immersion rod short-circuited setting fire to clothes hanging nearby and the blaze spread quickly leading to the cylinder blast

Representation pic
Representation pic

At least eight persons were injured after a cooking gas cylinder exploded in Meghalaya's West Garo Hills district on Monday, police said. Police said the incident occurred when an immersion rod short-circuited setting fire to clothes hanging nearby and the blaze spread quickly leading to the cylinder blast.

M.G.R. Kumar, the district police chief of West Garo Hills, said the Fire and Emergency personnel of police, with the local residents' help, brought the blaze under control and facilitated swift transportation of the injured to hospital. One of the victims, Nitish Ghosh, 18, sustained grievous burn injuries on his back and neck and had to be rushed to Guwahati for advanced medical treatment.

Catch up on all the latest Crime, National, International and Hatke news here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates

This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever

Trending Video

DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.

Delhi: 3 dead, 22 injured in cylinder blast

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK