Election Results 2019: Smriti Irani says it's a 'new morning' on Twitter after winning in Amethi
After defeating Congress President Rahul Gandhi at Amethi, Smriti Irani has a message for Twitter
Buoyed by her win against Congress President Rahul Gandhi in his home turf, Union Minister Smriti Irani took to Twitter to convey to all her followers that it's a 'new morning' for Amethi.
"It's a new morning for Amethi, a new determination. Thanks, Amethi, my obeisance. You put your trust in development and let the lotus bloom. Thankful to Amethi #PhirEkBaarModiSarkaar #VijayiBharat," tweeted Smriti Irani.
à¤Âà¤Â à¤¨à¤¯à¥Â à¤¸à¥Âà¤¬à¤¹ à¤Â à¤®à¥Âà¤ à¥Â à¤Âà¥Â à¤²à¤¿à¤Â , à¤Âà¤Â à¤¨à¤¯à¤¾ à¤¸à¤Âà¤Âà¤²à¥Âà¤ªà¥¤ à¤§à¤¨à¥Âà¤¯à¤µà¤¾à¤¦ à¤Â à¤®à¥Âà¤ à¥Â ðÂÂÂà¤¶à¤¤ à¤¶à¤¤ à¤¨à¤®à¤¨ à¥¤ à¤Âà¤ªà¤¨à¥Â à¤µà¤¿à¤Âà¤¾à¤¸ à¤ªà¤° à¤µà¤¿à¤¶à¥Âà¤µà¤¾à¤¸ à¤Âà¤¤à¤¾à¤¯à¤¾, à¤Âà¤®à¤² à¤Âà¤¾ à¤«à¥Âà¤² à¤Âà¤¿à¤²à¤¾à¤¯à¤¾à¥¤ à¤Â à¤®à¥Âà¤ à¥Â à¤Âà¤¾ à¤Âà¤à¤¾à¤° #PhirEkBaarModiSarkaar #VijayiBharat— Smriti Z Irani (@smritiirani) May 24, 2019
Talking to ANI, she said, on one hand there was a family while on the other there was an organisation which works as a family.
"On one hand there was a family and on the other an organisation which works like a family. The credit goes to the organisation and its workers and to the workers who died in Kerala and Bengal. I dedicate my victory to their families," she said.
The BJP leader on Friday won the Amethi parliamentary seat with a margin of 55,120 votes. Irani polled a total of 4,67,598 votes.
Amethi is considered a stronghold of the Congress party since years. Gandhi has been winning on the seat since 2004. Despite the poor performance of the party in 2014 general elections at the Centre, the Congress president had defeated Irani on the seat with a margin of 1,07,903 votes.
Earlier, she quoted a line from a famous poem to assert that nothing was impossible. "Kaun kehta hai aasmaan mein suraakh nahin ho sakta," she tweeted. The line is taken from an inspirational poem of famous Hindi poet Dushyant Kumar. Her tweet came immediately after Gandhi conceded defeat in Amethi and congratulated Irani.
Gandhi had also contested the Lok Sabha election from Wayanad in Kerala, a decision political pundits believed was widely influenced by the tough fight Irani posed to him in his home turf.
Inputs from ANI
Top news stories of the day
- Election Results 2019: The spectacular failure of Raj Thackeray
- Narendra Modi's incredible journey: From a tea seller to powerful PM
- Rare, candid photos of Amit Thackeray with family and friends
- Manmohan Singh, Bal Thackeray: Politicians whose lives have been turned into biopics
- Election results 2019: Mumbai North East chooses Manoj Kotak
- Elections Results 2019: Thank you voters, says Mumbai BJP
- Devendra Fadnavis, Uddhav Thackeray swear by 'unbreakable' alliance
- Election Results 2019: What next for Amit Shah?
- Mumbai: Fire breaks out in building at Bhendi Bazaar; 2 dead
- Election Results 2019: Victory thanks to senior party leaders, say workers
- Elections 2019: Sena-BJP managed to retain 41 out of 48 seats in Maharashtra
- Gajanan Kirtikar: We won because we fulfilled the promises we made in past 5 years
- Wayanad voted for a PM candidate, got MP instead, says social activist
- Elections Results 2019: How contesting film celebs are faring
- Election Results 2019: How Axis My India nailed the exit polls
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Election results 2019: Narendra Modi dedicates historic win to all Indians