Elisabeth Moss: Important to surround yourself with people you trust
Elisabeth Moss believes the only way for her to cope with fame is by surrounding herself with people she trusts the most
"The Handmaid's Tale" star Elisabeth Moss believes the only way for her to cope with fame is by surrounding herself with people she trusts the most. In an interview with OK! magazine, the 36-year-old actor said her family and friends keep her grounded.
"I surround myself with people that I love and trust. That's usually my family or friends. Friends that I've had for years.
"Obviously I love my family but I rely on my friends too. I think it's important to surround yourself with people who support you and whose opinions you can really trust are for the greater good," Moss said.
The "Mad Men" alum said the major "turning point" in her career came when she was cast as the daughter of President Josiah Bartlet in the NBC political drama series "The West Wing". "I've been doing this for 30 years. It's a long time there's never really one turning point, but there are many little steps that go into a career," Moss said.
"I guess 'The West Wing' was definitely a marker for me as the start of something big. I learned a lot on that show and it really set me up for how we're supposed to act on set; how you're supposed to be a professional and how you're supposed to be kind," she added.
Top entertainment stories of the day
- Salman, Iulia, Sohail, Seema, Alizeh Agnihotri party at Arbaaz Khan's Bandra residence
- Stars who married non-filmy members of Bollywood families
- Anubhav Sinha on Karni Sena's threat for Article 15 release: Filmmakers can't be constantly bullied
- Mother-daughter day out: Dimple Kapadia and Twinkle Khanna's salon outing in Juhu
- Prabhas and Shraddha Kapoor stranded on Austrian Alps due to heavy rains
- Six-year-old Rupsa Batabyal wins Super Dancer - Chapter 3
- Babies day out: Sunny Leone and Daniel Weber with Nisha, Asher and Noah
- JP Dutta's daughter Nidhi Dutta on digital war drama: Different actor for each biopic
- Janhvi Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Varun Dhawan sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- 26-week-pregnant Amy Jackson working out is truly a Monday motivation
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Akshay Kumar's funny responses at the launch of Mission Mangal trailer