Fabregas rules out leaving Barcelona for Manchester United
Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas slammed the door Thursday on a potential move to Manchester United, insisting the Catalan giants remain his dream club
The English Premier League champions have so far failed with two bids for Fabregas, who has emerged as their main summer transfer target as new manager David Moyes seeks to inject creativity into his midfield.
The Spanish international told a press conference in Malaysia that "since I was a kid my dream was to play for Barcelona".
"This dream hasn't changed," he said ahead of Saturday's friendly against the Malaysian national side.
His comments echo those of teammate Gerard Pique and Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta, who both insisted earlier this week the 26-year-old will stay at the Nou Camp.
Fabregas has failed to nail down a spot in Barca's star-studded midfield, with international teammates Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Sergio Busquets ahead of him in the pecking order.
But Barca are reluctant to sell the pint-sized playmaker, especially since the loss of Thiago Alcantara to Bayern Munich.
Barca enticed Fabregas back from Arsenal with a long-term view to him replacing the 33-year-old Xavi, who is expected to play fewer games in the coming season.
Barcelona return to Asia three years after their last visit to the football-mad continent -- home to a massive fan base and potential revenue.
The tour is a final chance for new manager Gerardo Martino to assess his players in official friendly action before the start of the La Liga season on August 18.
Fabregas also said he was ready to show Martino that he can be a key player for arguably the world's most successful side in recent years.
"I need to work hard and do what he asks of me and I'm ready for the challenge," he said.
The Barcelona team demolished Thailand 7-1 on the first leg of their whistlestop Asian tour on Wednesday.