'Fast and Furious 6' tops weekend box office
'Fast and Furious 6' has gotten past 'The Hangover Part III' to attain the top position at the weekend box office, according to studio estimates.
Universal Pictures’ muscle car franchise’s sixth instalment debuted with 98.5 million dollars domestically, Fox News reported.
Universal estimates that by the end of the four-day holiday weekend on Monday, ‘Fast and Furious 6’ will take its earnings to about 122.2 million dollars domestically and about 275.5 million dollars worldwide.
Second placed, Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms starrer comedy film ‘The Hangover Part III’ opened with 42.1 million dollars.
‘Star Trek: Into Darkness’ earned 38 million dollars to attain the third place in its second weekend at the box office.
The fourth place in ticket receipts was taken up by Fox animated film ‘Epic,’ which opened with 34.2 million dollars.
The top 10 films at the box office are:
1. Fast and Furious 6 - 98.5 million dollars
2. The Hangover Part III - 42.4 million dollars
3. Star Trek Into Darkness - 38 million dollars
4. Epic - 34.2 million dollars
5. Iron Man 3 - 19.4 million dollars
6. The Great Gatsby - 13.7 million dollars
7. Mud - 2 million dollars
8. 42 - 1.2 million dollars
9. The Croods - 1.2 million dollars
10. Oblivion - 815,000 dollars