Fire at Kolkata medical college, no casualties
A minor fire broke out at the state-run Calcutta National Medical College in Kolkata's Beniapukur area on Thursday evening, with no one injured in the blaze, a fire official said
A minor fire broke out at the state-run Calcutta National Medical College in Kolkata's Beniapukur area on Thursday evening, with no one injured in the blaze, a fire official said.
"There was a minor fire on the third floor of Rammohan Block around 5 p.m. However, the blaze was doused without any difficulty," an official from the city fire brigade headquarters said. Three fire tenders were pressed into service to put out the fire. "A short circuit in electrical wiring in the building caused the fire. It has since been fixed," the official added.
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai, National and International news here
The content/reporting displayed on our website www.mid-day.com is provided "AS-IS," "AS AVAILABLE, by us from third party, agencies, sources, without any verification from our side. It may contain error, bugs and other limitations. The reader's can rely on the content at their own will. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability, data, text, images, video, messages, or any other material whatsoever or for any claims/loss/action that the reader may suffer as a result of relying on the content on our site. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Fire engulfs Ballygunge Science College's laboratory in Kolkata