Fire breaks out at Galaxy Care Hospital's operation theatre
A major fire broke out at Galaxy Care Hospital near MES Garware College yesterday
The fire that started in the operation theatre on the first floor posed a great threat to the patients in the adjacent ICU ward. No casualty was reported as the fire brigade officials rescued all the patients and their relatives just in time.
Speaking to MiD DAY, Rajendra Jagtap, station officer, said, “We reached the spot within a few minutes. As the ICU ward was exactly opposite to the operation theater, we started rescuing patients present there. While a team brought the patients down from the window, the other team doused the fire,” said Rajendra Jagtap, station officer.
Dr Vinod Chipp said, “Soon after the hospital staff came to know about the fire, it tried its best to douse it with the fire extinguisher that we have. Besides, the staff also informed the fire brigade at the earliest.” Dr Chipp however denied that the fire was big.