Fire at furniture godown in Thane

Feb 13, 2017, 14:06 IST | PTI

Fire broke out at a furniture godown near Mumbra township of the district in the wee hours on Monday, officials said

Fire at furniture godown in Thane

Thane: Fire broke out at a furniture godown near Mumbra township of the district in the wee hours on Monday, officials said.

No injury or casualty was reported in the mishap. The blaze erupted at the godown in Aachar Galli near Shilfata close to Mumbra at around 2 AM on Monday, Thane Municipal Corporation's disaster control cell chief Santosh Kadam said.

Two fire engines and six water tankers managed to control the flames after hectic efforts for about six hours, he said. The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, he said.

DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.

Turn your pets into models at Pawtraits in Mumbai

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK