Flavoured milk lands 50 in hospital
Over 50 people came down with food poisoning after drinking flavoured milk that was distributed on the occasion of Muharram in Kalamboli on Sunday.
All those affected complained of sickness, while most began vomiting a few hours after consuming the flavoured milk.
They were then admitted at MGM Kamothe hospital and Singh hospital in Kalamboli. While most of those affected were discharged late on Sunday night, around 10 people were kept under observation.
K T Vidhate, senior police inspector of Kalamboli police station, said, “We are still trying to determine who distributed the flavoured milk.
Except for eight to 10 people, all those who had complained of sickness after consuming flavoured milk, are stable and are being discharged from hospitals. We are making further inquiries to know if the flavoured milk was poisoned.”
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Mumbai building collapse claims 5 lives