Food: 5 restaurants in Mumbai that serve lip smacking Gujarati thalis
Here is a list of 5 restaurants in Mumbai that serve authentic Gujarati Thali and satiate your craving for a delicious vegetarian fare
Mumbai’s love for multi-cuisine delicacies has no bounds. The city offers a wide range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian fare ranging from fixed buffet to a la carte and thali menus. Wholesome and varied, thali is one meal that is common across all communities in the country. Thalis are nothing but a mix of varied starters, main course and desserts served in portions so that a foodie gets a taste of each and every food type. One such thali is the Gujarati Thali that brings to the table a wide range of Gujarati dishes and highlights the culture and tradition of the state. Restaurants in Mumbai have smartly introduced the grand Gujarati Thali in their menu, so that a vegetarian can get his love for Gujarati fare fixed. Here so some restaurants in Mumbai, where Gujarati thalis are a must try:
1. Rajdhani Thali Restaurant: This Gujarati and Rajasthani thali restaurant has several branches across many Indian cities. If you are in Mumbai, Rajdhani Thali Restaurant is a must visit, because it is known to delight guests with around 72 varied rotating menus offering nearly 22,464 dishes from the states of Gujarat and Rajasthan. Rajdhani’s humble hospitality, lavish setting, quick service, and value for money hygienic and authentic traditional food contributed to its rapid expansion across the country.
2. Maharaja Bhog: This is another premium Thali restaurant tucked on the 3rd floor of Oberoi Mall in Goregaon East. From its cutlery to the presentation, spread and taste of its dishes, everything is premium. So if you are a vegan and want to savour the flavours of Gujarat in the financial capital, Maharaja Bhog can be your one stop destination. Along with the grand traditional setting, the sroma of ghee in the air of Maharaja Bhog will tempt you to much more. Gujarati Daal, Gujarati Kadhi, Burfi Dhokla, Baingan Thepla are some unique dishes the restaurant offers.
3. Shree Thaker Bhojanalay: Tucked in the middle of the busy markets of Kalbadevi, this restaurant is known to serve amazing Gujarati food is the traditional Thali form. Aamras, Kadhi, khichdi, and farsans are some of the popular items that pull food lovers to this quaint little place repeatedly. The thalis comprise of different types of rotis (flattened bread), paneer, dry veggies, farsans, and desserts.
4. Golden Star Thali: The thali at Golden Star is an assortment of Kutchi and Gujarati dishes. Cooked in desi ghee, the restaurant offers a wide range of Gujarati dishes starting from farsans, Gujarati dal, Gujarati dahi kadhi, varied rotis (flattened breads), polau, and masala khdichi, to chutneys, papads, basundi, kheer, raitas and chaach. It is strategically located near Charni Road station in south Mumbai.
5. Chetana: Located in the bustling Fort area od Mumbai, this restaurant offers to foodies multiple thalis spanning across the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Rajasthan. It offers traditional Gujarati dishes like dhokla, bhajia, Kadhi pakoda and Gujarati Khichdi. If you are in Fort area and looking for a wholesome meal, drop in to Chetna and relish their tantalizing Gujarati Thal, which comprises everything typical to the state, starting from starters to desserts.
Gujarati food is known for their taste and variety. So, when you can get almost all of those varieties in one big plate, why not give it a try? While your tummies will say ahhh!, your tongue will crave for more. So, visit these restaurants in Mumbabi and relish the flavours of Gujarat.