'Gravity' tops box office for third straight week with USD 170m earnings
Space adventure flick 'Gravity' continues to top the box office for the third straight week
The film, starring Sandra Bullock, earned 31 million dollars over the weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday.
The Warner Bros. film has now made more than 170 million dollars in three weeks, Fox News reported.
Tom Hanks’ Somali pirate docudrama ‘Captain Phillips’ also held in second place at the box office, taking in 17.3 million dollars in its second week.
Top ten weekend box office list:
1. 'Gravity' - 170,566,000 dollars
2. 'Captain Phillips' - 53,300,000 dollars
3. 'Carrie' - 17,000,000 dollars
4. 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2' - 93,137,000 dollars
5. 'Escape Plan' - 9,800,000 dollars
6. 'Prisoners' - 57,259,000 dollars
7. 'Enough Said' - 10,787,000 dollars
8. 'The Fifth Estate' - 1,714,000 dollars
9. 'Runner Runner' - 17,536,000 dollars
10. 'Insidious: Chapter 2' - 80,923,000 dollars
Public Review of PM Narendra Modi biopic