Four men thrashed by locals on suspicion of cow smuggling in Haryana
Police have registered a case against all four men for allegedly smuggling cow. The seized carcass of a cow and a calf was sent for post-mortem
Fatehabad (Haryana): Four men were allegedly thrashed by Haryana locals and forced to drink urine in Dayor village of Fatehabad on the suspicion of cow smuggling. The police received a phone call on Sunday and rescued the men from villagers. The injured men were immediately taken to the hospital. The police have registered a case against all four men for allegedly smuggling cow. The seized carcass of a cow and a calf was sent for post-mortem.
Additional SHO, Surajmal told ANI, "We had received a phone call. When we reached there, we found the carcass of a cow and a calf and a cowhide, we also found four men along with these. A scuffle had erupted between villagers and these men. The carcasses and hide were seized by police and the four men were admitted to a hospital. Postmortem of the cow and calf have been done. A case registered against the four men and further investigation in the matter is underway."
However, the injured men were claiming that they work to dump dead and decayed animals. One of the men said, "We were thrashed by locals. They removed our clothes and thrashed us with sticks. They also try to put urine in our mouth. They were nearly 30 people. They accused us of killing cows. We have not killed any cow. Our work is to dump the dead cows."
Investigation in the matter is underway.
Top stories of the day
- Mumbai: One dead, five injured after car crashes into bus stop at Sewri
- BMC has got 30 complaints about mosquitoes from south Mumbai
- Mumbai Rains: Parts of the city witness first showers
- Video of woman beating elderly mother-in-law goes viral
- Mumbai: Police sweeper gets home after nine-year struggle
- Proposed Aarey Zoo in leopard corridor, say locals
- Mumbai Crime: Bikers who stole Rs 2.7 lakh from businessman held in Goregaon
- Mumbai: Biker hit by car, falls off Bandra's U bridge, dies
- Navi Mumbai: Pandavkada waterfall to be shut to tourists this monsoon
- The Dutch mystery: Mumbai man's 'abrupt run' makes him 'prime suspect' for Dutch cops
- IIT-Jodhpur professor rapes woman on pretext of offering job
- Padma Lakshmi, Amrita Singh: Female celebs who became mothers after 40
- Mumbai rains: These photos will surely put a smile on your face
- These dirt cheap hostels in India are perfect for backpackers!
- Do you know Karan Wahi was selected for the Under 19 cricket team alongside Virat Kohli?
- Ira Khan, Iulia Vantur and Sohail Khan at restaurant launch in Bandra
- Workout diaries: Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor spotted in Bandra
- Faf du Plessis' family vacation pictures will leave you awe-struck
- Did you know about these 12 cool brother duos in cricket?
- Alia Bhatt goes sans makeup again, and this time, it's for Sadak 2
- Noted actor Girish Karnad passes away at the age of 81
- World Cup 2019: MS Dhoni plays by the rules, no Balidaan logo on gloves
- Prisoners, Virat Kohli addicts: Crazy fans at World Cup 2019
- Virat Kohli: ODI series loss to Oz motivated us to do well at The Oval
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
#MenToo: Woman who accused actor Karan Oberoi of rape arrested