Tech: Here's how you can clear up space on your iPhone
Here are some quick easy ways, with the help of which you can clear up the space in your favourite Apple iPhone
I hope all iPhone users must have come across this irritating situation- trying to download an app or take a photo, and suddenly your iPhone says, ‘you do not have enough storage’. This super frustrating pop up message can actually make your phone unusable. But... wait! There is always a solution to a problem. Here are some quick easy ways, with the help of which you can clear up the space in your favourite Apple iPhone.
- To know about your iPhone’s storage, open the Settings app and navigate to ‘General’. Then navigate to ‘Storage and iCloud Usage.’
- Tap manage storage to see the list of how much data each of the apps are consuming.
- You can delete an entire app from there if it is taking too much space.
- You can delete songs from the Music app to make space in the storage.
- Messages can also take a lot of space. So the best is to delete unwanted conversations manually from the Message app.
- Also, in the Messages menu of the Settings app, select the ‘Keep Messages’ option under ‘Message History’. Set it to 30 days, so that all messages older than the 30 days span will be automatically deleted. This will create more space for downloading new apps or clicking pictures.
- You can automatically delete audio and video messages.
- Photos can be quickly deleted to make free space. In Apple’s Photos app, select one thumbnail and drag your finger across to select multiple photos or videos. Once all photos and videos are selected, just trash those.
- Go to Settings App and scroll down to ‘Photos’ and ‘Camera’ menu and make sure the ‘Optimize iPhone Storage’ option is checked. This feature will enable you to keep hi-resolution versions of photos in iCloud and download those only when needed.
- You can delete an entire app from the iPhone’s home screen by tapping and holding on to the icon for few seconds.
Once you are done with all these, your phone will have enough space to store new apps and new photos and videos. Give it a try if you are already or when you become a victim of ‘you do not have enough storage’ message.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
International Sushi Day: Learn how to make mouthwatering Sushi at home from this Mumbai chef!