Here's why you should apply sunscreen indoors too
Ensure using blue light shields on your digital devices to limit the effect, use sunscreen even when you are indoors
It's a known fact that sunscreen saves your skin from the adverse effects of UV rays. Applying it while stepping out of your house is a must, but you need to do it while staying indoors as well, say experts.
Technology and harmful radiations from devices have barged into our living and sleeping spaces in a big way.
It's a known fact that #sunscreen saves your #skin from the adverse effects of #UVrays. Applying it while stepping out of your house is a must, but you need to do it while staying indoors as well, say experts.— IANS Tweets (@ians_india) May 21, 2019
Photo: IANS pic.twitter.com/RJ6t947OQ3
"The increasing digital dependency has exposed our skin to the most harmful blue rays. Though consumers are well versed with the precautionary measures to protect themselves from the UVA rays, they are unaware about the damaging effects blue light has on their skin, and the possible protection available," dermatologist Rashmi Sharma said in a statement.
"According to the reports, visible blue light is one of the major skin care concerns as it contributes to premature aging, including wrinkles, worsening skin laxity, and hyperpigmentation. Blue light (also known as high-energy visible light) has the ability to penetrate deeper into the skin compared to UVA rays and trigger damage," she added.
Clearly, you need to take both an indoor and outdoor approach that provides protection to the skin.
"Ensure using blue light shields on your digital devices to limit the effect, use sunscreen even when you are indoors," she suggested.
Dharma Rajput, research and development expert, Organic Harvest, said it's advisable to look out for sunscreen with ingredients such as Kaolin clay and aloe vera that remove impurities and give 24/7 protection to your skin.
"Use a full tablespoon of organic sunscreen with protection from UVA and UVB rays on your face and reapply every two to three hours even when you are indoors," said Rajput.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai: TikTok user arrested for dangerous bike stunts back in 2017
- Travel agent dupes south Mumbai travellers of Rs 3.08 lakh
- Mumbai Crime: Four nabbed for illegal soil excavation in Gorai
- Mumbai crime: Within four hours of murder, cops nab 2 accused
- Shiv Sena corporator, Salman Khan discuss Being Human for BMC
- Congress leaders' discuss water issues with Mumbai civic chief
- How did you spend our money? BMC chief asks the Railways
- Mumbai: Sion flyover to be shut for one month
- Can we leave the fireflies alone, please?
- Alert Mumbai Metro staff helps commuter get back lost wallet in four hours
- Mumbai lift mishap: BDL lift has not had a licence for last 14 years
- Pune: Loud purring alerts cops to leopard cubs being smuggled
- Between the real and the abstract
- The future of Idli Manchurian
- Smita Thackeray, Maanayata Dutt, Amitabh Bachchan at an event in Andheri
- Remembering Rajiv Gandhi: Rare pictures of former Prime Minister of India
- British Royal kids Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis play in the woods
- These photos of Amruta Fadnavis enjoying the rains are romantic as ever!
- Popular Mumbai salons that Bollywood's top actresses visit
- mid day editorial: Let's start making every drop of water count
- British Royal kids George, Charlotte and Louis play in the woods
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
International Sushi Day: Learn how to make mouthwatering Sushi at home from this Mumbai chef!