'Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' tops weekend box office with USD 73.7 mil earnings
Warner Bros.'s 'Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' has secured the No. 1 position at the weekend box office with 73.7 million dollars.
Disney’s animated film ‘Frozen’, which raked in 22.2 million dollars in its third weekend, has made an overall turnout of 164.4 million dollars and secured the 2nd position, Fox News reported.
Lionsgate’s ‘Tyler Perry’s a Madea Christmas’ came in third with 16.2 million dollars, followed by ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ with 13.2 million dollars.
Disney’s ‘Thor: The Dark World’ came in fifth with 2.7 million dollars, while making a domestic total of 198.1 million dollars.
Weekend box office:
1. 'Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' - 73.7 million dollars.
2. 'Frozen' - 22.2 million dollars.
3. 'Tyler Perry's a Madea Christmas' - 16 million dollars.
4. 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' - 13.2 million dollars.
5. 'Thor: The Dark World' - 2.7 million dollars.
6. 'Out of the Furnace' - 2.3 million dollars.
7. 'Delivery Man' - 1.9 million dollars.
8. 'Philomena' - 1.8 million dollars.
9. 'The Book Thief' - 1.7 million dollars.
10. 'Homefront' - 1.6 million dollars.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe