How pastel colors are in trend for this season!
Waving a magic wand with the eternally soft, soothing and chaste tints, new trends in the Indian ethnic wear for the upcoming festive and wedding season, are mesmerisingly stunning!
With the onset of the Spring Season, the gorgeous hues of pastels have come alive in the Indian fashion segment, with designers showcasing them in the most beautiful mode ever.
Waving a magic wand with the eternally soft, soothing and chaste tints, new trends in the Indian ethnic wear for the upcoming festive and wedding season, are mesmerisingly stunning! Exquisite, elaborate and encouraging, the pastel colors in Indian attires is a seemingly new concept and is emerging as one of the favorites amongst the fashionistas.
Krina Panjani, Brand Head of Indian Ink says in the Spring Summer 2018 trends, pastel hues have played a pivotal role in redefining glamour in the Indian traditional haute couture. While Indian dressmaking usually involves bright and multiple hues or as is known; experts have hinted towards a shift in people's preferences and desire for subtle colors in the finest fabrics.
- There is a growing trend where a single color is being used to create the entire ensemble. That is right from the lehenga, choli and its duppatta, the entire set is bieng designed in a single color. This looks spectacular and creates an illusion of being tall and slender. It also emphasises sumptuousness and looks totally chic
- The newest single colors of Brilliant Lavender, Brick Red, Beige, Gold, Cream, Ivory, Almond, Antique Fuchsia, Aqua Blue, Asparagus, Lilac, Peach, Baby Pink, Bisque, Blond, Blue Bell, Blush, Buff, Burnt Sienna, Carmine and Chestnut are stealing the show in their most heavenly attires
- In 2018, the Indian trousseau, in these radiant hues, is embellished in enthralling works of Zardozi, Zari, Filigree, Kasab, Embroidery, Motifs and Sequin. As magnificent as it looks, these minute yet highly creative designs gives it beauty and exclusivity. This look is made ethereal with gorgeous floral, damask, prints together with patterns of polka and stripes
- Handcrafted to the details, the intricacy of the Indian artisans on kurtis, anarkalis, palazzos, saris, blouses, skirts, tunics and stoles in gentle, pallid shades is accentuated with metallic thread border that gives it a dazzling look. The combination of pastel colors surrounded by tinny frame looks breathtakingly fancy
- The desaturated and creamy pastel hues can be seen adorned on the fine fabrics of sheer organza, net organza, chiffon sheer, muslin, linen, cotton, satin which are carefully blended with velvets and brocades and usually contrasted with gold and silver
The pastel colors are known for their vibrancy as well as the comforting effects they have on one's mind. Indian clothing designed in these spring summer tints and hues make them look up market, fashionable and regal. They are perfect to wear at anytime of the day as well as at indoor and outdoor functions. The colors are neither too reflective nor too loud to be worn once and discarded. They are fresh shades that can be repeated and draped in varied contrasts and combinations! This season, go pastel and let the town go green with jealousy!
Enjoy Mumbai rains with these top chai-pakora destinations in the city