How Shashi Kapoor met his wife Jennifer Kendal the first time
Veteran Bollywood actor Shashi Kapoor passed away on Monday. We remember the legend by bringing you his top 5 quotes
- "While with Prithvi Theatre, one day I saw a beautiful girl with a scarf and heavy eardrops sitting in the audience. That moment was the turning point in my life. Two years later, I married Jennifer [Kendal]."
- "I first fell in love when I was six, with Vanmalaji from Sikander . One day I asked papaji, 'Main vanmalaji se shaadi kar sakta hoon."
- "My happiest moment was when my brother Raj Kapoor beat me up and then felt bad, so [he] took me to a Chinese restaurant for lunch."
- "Why do we have this hang-up in our country? About always coming out as heroes. In the West great names like Olivier, Burton, Harrison frequently played second roles. There's nothing demeaning about that."
- "It's more important to take Jennifer and the children for a movie and coffee at the Shamiana rather than hobnob at the same old dreary party, with the same old dreary people, doing the same old dreary things"