How Shashi Kapoor met his wife Jennifer Kendal the first time
Veteran Bollywood actor Shashi Kapoor passed away on Monday. We remember the legend by bringing you his top 5 quotes
- "While with Prithvi Theatre, one day I saw a beautiful girl with a scarf and heavy eardrops sitting in the audience. That moment was the turning point in my life. Two years later, I married Jennifer [Kendal]."
- "I first fell in love when I was six, with Vanmalaji from Sikander . One day I asked papaji, 'Main vanmalaji se shaadi kar sakta hoon."
- "My happiest moment was when my brother Raj Kapoor beat me up and then felt bad, so [he] took me to a Chinese restaurant for lunch."
- "Why do we have this hang-up in our country? About always coming out as heroes. In the West great names like Olivier, Burton, Harrison frequently played second roles. There's nothing demeaning about that."
- "It's more important to take Jennifer and the children for a movie and coffee at the Shamiana rather than hobnob at the same old dreary party, with the same old dreary people, doing the same old dreary things"
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Maharashtra Assembly Elections: Varun Dhawan, Urmila Matondkar, and others cast their votes