Tech: How to find your lost iPhone
Apple Inc. has a feature called ‘Find My iPhone’ for many years now, which helps iPhone users find out their lost devices
iPhone is till date the most classy and most famous smartphone across the world. It has a status- quo, an attractive resale value and has great demand for used models. Also, iPhone is the hot favourite target for robbers. Nevertheless, Apple has a solution to every problem. If you get worried about losing your iPhone, its security and all your important data, then Apple has a solution to the problem. Apple Inc. has a feature called 'Find My iPhone' for many years now, which helps iPhone users find out their lost devices.
Follow these steps to safeguard your iPhone and all personal and official data:
• Click 'Settings' app on the iPhone and head to iCloud.
• Tap on 'Find my phone'.
• Turn on the ‘Find my phone’ option followed by ‘Send Last Location functionalities’
• Return back to ‘Settings’
• Click on ‘Privacy’
• Finally, under ‘Privacy’ option, turn on the ‘Location Services’.
How to find a lost iPhone:
• If you lose your iPhone, you can trace it by using the ‘Find my iPhone’ app on any other iPhone.
• You can also click https://www.icloud.com/ and select the ‘Find my iPhone’ option.
• Select your lost phone from the list of devices that appears on the website’s page.
• Finally, the ‘Find my iPhone’ tool will show the last known location of the lost device. It will show options to lock the device, wipe out data, and blow out an alarm.
By following this process, you will ensure that the personal data on the lost device are not stolen from the phone.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe