I &B min working on publicity drive to mark 2 years of Modi government
With the Narendra Modi government set to complete two years in office on May 26, the Information and Broadcasting ministry has begun consultations with other ministries to chalk out a strategy for highlighting its achievements
New Delhi: With the Narendra Modi government set to complete two years in office on May 26, the Information and Broadcasting ministry has begun consultations with other ministries to chalk out a strategy for highlighting its achievements.
The ministry has already written to the other departments seeking details of initiatives undertaken by them in the past 18 months so that a plan for their publicity across various platforms may be prepared.
"The government's first year in office was marked by the tagline 'Saal Ek Shuruat Anek'. Now, consultations are on so that a detailed communication plan can be formulated involving the Press Information Bureau, Doordarshan, AIR and other publicity units and ministries," an official said.
Earlier this month, Minister of State for I&B Rajyavardhan Rathore held a meeting in which it was emphasised that the flow of information from the ministries and departments to the publicity officers should be made smoother. I&B Secretary Sunil Arora has also written to his counterparts in other departments asking them to share information about their key programmes and initiatives.
All media units under the I&B ministry like PIB, the field publicity department. have been asked to share their action plans while department publicity officers have been asked to outline five major policy decisions or initiatives taken by their ministries in last two years.
Public broadcaster Doordarshan has also been asked to outline a comprehensive strategy for its regional and national network, including Kisan TV channel, officials said.
The ministry may also consider taking the assistance of industry professionals to ensure that a crisp and clear communication strategy is put in place, they said.