I want my daughter to divorce her hubby...

Apr 26, 2012, 07:01 IST | Dear Diana

Dear Diana, I'm leading a retired life. I lost my wife last year. The only person left in my life is my daughter who is married to this ill-tempered man who keeps harassing her even though she's such a good wife and mother.

She’s currently staying with me as her child’s school has closed for the summer vacation. Some of the tales she has shared with me are shocking and has left me fuming. My son-in-law is a good for nothing who loves acting all macho but when it comes to sharing responsibilities, he doesn’t even care. I want her to divorce him and stay with me.
— Nazareth

Illustration/ Amit Bandre

Dear Nazareth,
It is easy for you to tell her to divorce him and stay with you. But my dear man... life is not so easy!. You feel that she can stay with you. But what about life after you? Have you wondered how she will survive on her own as a single mother? Her hubby has been ill-tempered for long and she has now reached a zone when she is immune to his taunts. She may be telling her horror stories but is that anything new for you — or her? Instead let her be now that she is on a vacation with the kids. You know her hubby is not likely to change and she has reconciled to the fact. She has resigned herself to her fate, so whatever moments she is spending with you, keep her happy. 

Go to top