IAF successfully carries out second test of Brahmos fired from Su-30
The Indian naval vessels tracked the missile tested on a sea target. The first test of Brahmos fired from Su-30 was carried out on November 22, 2017
On May 22, 2019, the Indian Air Force successfully carried out the second test of an air-launch version of supersonic cruise missile which was fired from a Sukhoi30 MKI fighter jet. The IAF said in a statement that the missile followed the planned trajectory and directly hit the target.
The Indian naval vessels tracked the missile tested on a sea target. The first test of Brahmos fired from Su-30 was carried out on November 22, 2017.
The IAF said that the integration of the missile, an Indo-Russian joint production, was a complex task and required several modifications on the aircraft. The IAF carried out software modifications while Hindustan Aeronautics Limited made the mechanical and electrical changes.
The air-launch version of Brahmos is a 2.5-ton cruise missile with a range of 300 km. With the success, IAF can engage long-range targets on land and at sea in all-weather, day-or-night conditions.
#RulingTheSkies : IAF successfully fired the #BrahMos air version missile from its frontline Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft today. The launch from the aircraft was smooth & the missile followed the desired trajectory before directly hitting the land target. pic.twitter.com/nXLLlPR8qJ— Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) May 22, 2019
BrahMos provides IAF the capability to strike from large stand-off ranges on any target at sea or on land with pinpoint accuracy by day or night in any weather condition. Brahmos coupled with the superlative performance of Su-30MKI gives IAF the desired strategic reach. pic.twitter.com/fDsbFVABhI— Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) May 22, 2019
The Indian Air Force also took to Twitter to announce the details of the same. While sharing a picture of the supersonic cruise missile, the IAF wrote: BrahMos provides IAF the capability to strike from large stand-off ranges on any target at sea or on land with pinpoint accuracy by day or night in any weather condition. Brahmos coupled with the superlative performance of Su-30MKI gives IAF the desired strategic reach.
Here's how netizens reacted to the Indian Air Force's successful launch of the Brahmos:
Congrats and Salute to Brave IAF— Jwalant Swadia (@AviatorJwalant) May 22, 2019
proud of IAF.Brahmos now can be fired land,sea,airððð®ð³ð®ð³— Vipul Gupta (@VipulGu10673105) May 22, 2019
The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the colour that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.— Hasi Johari ð®ð³ (@hasiaf_johari) May 22, 2019
Congratulations @IAF_MCC for successfully fired #BrahMos ððððððð®ð³ðª#TouchTheSkyWithGloryðð®ð³#ProudOurInduanAirForce ð®ð³#JaiHind ð®ð³
Strategically very significant considering the accuracy & lethal fire and forget advantage of Brahmos missiles. The capability of firing Brahmos from India’s air superiority aircraft Sukhoi MKi would be a decisive air combat edge for IAF.ð®ð³ð— à¤¸à¤®_à¤ à¤°à¥à¤ªà¤¿à¤¤ Chowkidar “à¤²à¤à¤à¤ Bearded” (@arpitbhtnagar) May 22, 2019
This is awesome news! Sukhoi + Brahmos is a massive force multiplier. Both the aircraft and missile are proven world class and now to put long range + super accurate + super fast missile on a lethal multi-role jet is a truly a game changer combo !! Congrats to all.— Nimesh Sisodiya (@NJSISODIYA) May 22, 2019
Jai Hind ! ð®ð³
Hearty congratulations to IAF & all other organizations involved in this extremely important milestone in enhancing the security of our nation. Jai Hind.— Kishore Vaid (@KishoreVaid) May 22, 2019
With inputs from IANS
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai cops land in LOC to search man who sent a pornographic video on WhatsApp
- mid-day test drive: Mumbai streets are alive with the danger of cylinders
- Mumbai: Priest dies of shock after seeing truck run over boy at Sion-Koliwada
- Mumbai: Snakes frequenting posh Malabar Hill Society scare residents
- Dead man's case files go missing from JJ Hospital
- Mumbai: 23 BMM students of Khalsa college stranded in final year
- Shiv Sena may get Dy CM post soon
- Thane police crack Vajreshwari temple theft, nab five
- Mumbai: Rape accused flees from cops through hospital toilet in Versova
- BJP in Mumbai North to keep 3,000 laddoos, pedas ready for Thursday
- Tushar Gandhi: To drag Bapu in was strategically planned
- Mumbai Mahila Congress seeks FIR against Vivek Oberoi for insulting women's modesty
- Court quashes sexual assault FIR against actor Jeetendra filed by cousin
- TikTok Celebrity Mohit Mor shot dead; act captured on CCTV
- Poonam Mahajan: Unseen family photos of Pramod Mahajan's daughter
- Elections 2019: Popular politicians and key battles in Mumbai
- Mumbai tour operators cancel travel plans to save the fireflies
- These photos of Milind Deora with wife Pooja and family are precious
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Closed skywalk in Bandra East leave commuters fuming!