Impress your guests with these delicious homemade summer desserts
Popular chefs have listed the recipes of summer desserts, which you can try at home
Mango Coconut smoothie. Pic courtesy/YouTube
Want to make a summer dessert for your friends and family? Are you fond of fruits and want the desserts to be fruit based? Then try out the recipes of mango and coconut smoothie or a kokum pancake, and Lemon Ricotta Cake. These desserts are delicious, healthy and easy to make at home. Chef Swasti Aggarwal, Food Strategist at Foodhall, and Mumbai chef Gautam Mehrishi from Living Foodz channel's show "Hello Summer", have listed the few recipes of these three summer desserts for you to try:
1. Mango Coconut Smoothie Bowl
Frozen mango chunks- 2 cups
Frozen pineapple chunks- 1/2 cup
Fresh banana- 1/2 cup
Tender coconut water- 1 cup
Fresh mango chunks
Fresh kiwi slices
1. In a blender, blend together the frozen mango, frozen pineapple, banana with tender coconut water. It should be thick and creamy.
2. Pour this immediately into a serving bowl and garnish with toppings.
2. Kokam Pancakes
Refined flour- 1.5 cup
Vanilla sugar-1 tsp
Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice- 2.5 tbsp
Mustard oil- 1.5-2 tsp
Finely chopped walnuts- 2 tsp
Jaggery- 50-60 gm
Finely chopped carrot- 4-5 tbsp
Sugarcane juice- 1/2 cup
Clove powder- 1/2 tsp
Chopped Indian gooseberry- 3-4 tbsp
Maple syrup- 1 tbsp
Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
Brown sugar- 1.5 tbsp
Kokam syrup- 7-8 tbsp
Water as required
Honey for garnish
1. In a bowl add refined flour, vanilla sugar, baking powder and lemon juice. Keep aside for 2 minutes.
2. For marmalade in pot add mustard oil, chopped walnuts and jaggery. Then in the bowl add chopped carrot and mix well. Mix and melt the jaggery.
3. In the marmalade pot add sugarcane juice, clove powder, chopped Indian gooseberry, maple syrup, vanilla extract and mix well. Cook well on low flame.
4. Then take carrot mixture bowl and add chopped walnuts, brown sugar, kokum syrup, egg, water as required. Prepare the batter and rest for 5 to 8 minutes.
5. In the marmalade pot add brown sugar, lemon juice, kokum syrup and mix well. Cook on low flame for 8 to 10 minutes. For pancake in a hot pan pour the batter and cook on low flame until it turns dark brown and flip on the other side when cooked.
6. Kokum Pancakes are ready to serve.
3. Lemon Ricotta Cake
Ricotta cheese- 2 cup
Caster sugar- 2 cup
Whole wheat flour- 1/2 cup
Butter- 1 tbsp
Eggs - 2 to 3
Lemon juice of 5-6 lemons
Lemon zest - 2-3
Salt to taste
Honey - 3 tbsp
Sliced lemon- 2
Biscuit crumb for garnish
1. In a bowl add ricotta cheese, castor sugar and mix well. Give 5-minute rest to this. Add the biscuits in smoothie jar and blend well and make fine crust. Place crust in bowl. Then add castor sugar, whole wheat flour, butter and mix well.
2. For cake batter, take the ricotta mixture from the first bowl and add eggs and them using cut and fold method. Then add lemon juice, lemon zest and mix well.
3. Now take cake mould and set biscuit crust by patting it with your hand. Pat again using a flat based glass. Pour batter on this and set it well. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degree centigrade for 24 minutes.
4. For marmalade, in a pot add lemon juice, honey, castor sugar, butter, lemon and mix well. After boil in mixture add biscuit crust and mix. Cook on low flame for par 7 to 8 minutes.
5. Lemon Ricotta Cake is ready to serve.
(Edited by mid-day online desk, with inputs from IANS)
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, crime news, current affairs, and also a complete guide on Mumbai from food to things to do and events across the city here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates
DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Dogs starve to death after NGO staff go on Diwali leave