Indian Railways offers head and foot massage services on board in 39 trains
The Railways will charge Rs 100 each for foot massage or head massage
In a first, the Indian Railways on Saturday announced massage services for passengers on board running trains.
The service will be made available in 39 trains deporting from Indore.
The Railways will charge Rs 100 each for foot massage or head massage. Three to Five persons of contractor will travel on each train. For them, Railways will issue proper IDs and authorities.
The proposal was made from the Ratlam division of Western Railway zone under New, Innovative Non-Fare Revenue Ideas Scheme (NINFRIS).
This proposal will fetch Rs 20 lakh in a year, whereas the deemed earning will be Rs 90 lakhs (towards ticket) as it will increase approx 20,000 passengers (massage providers).
Massage service will not be available during night hours (10 pm to 6 am).
The service is likely to commence in the next 15-20 days.
Among the 39 trains in which this service will be provided include Malwa Express, Humsafar Express, Mahamana Express and Shipra Express among others.
"This is the first time that such a contract has been signed," said Rajesh Bajpai, director, media and communication, railway board.
The service is likely to commence in 15-20 days and will be available from 6 am to 10 pm. Rs 100 each will be charged for head massage and foot massage.
Three to five massage providers will travel on each train. The railways will provide them with identity cards. This scheme is part of the railways' scheme whereby zones and divisions have been asked to come out with new and innovative ideas to generate non-fare revenue for the national transporter.
Top news stories of the day
- Virat Kohli slapped Rs 500 fine for washing car with drinking water by Gurugram corporation
- Mantralaya dengue scare: BMC drops pesticide grains in Metro 3 pits
- Mumbai: City's water levels down to less than 10 percent of total stock
- Smriti Irani's mushy moments with husband Zubin spell romance!
- Thane: Cadbury junction flyover to remain open during the repairs
- Mumbai: City mountaineer revisits near-death experience in the Everest jam
- Mumbai: In a first, MSHRC takes note of MU law result chaos
- Do you know Belly dancing helps you lose weight, improve sex life?
- Mumbai: MMRDA setup control room to tackle bad roads, water logging issues during monsoon
- British Airways passenger forced to sit on seat with vomit; Airline gets trolled
- World Oceans Day: 10 spectacular marine animals in pictures
- Watch video: Old man serving water to pedestrians in sweltering Delhi heat will melt your heart
- Sudarshan Pattanaik's remarkable beach sand sculptures are a must see
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Mumbai Rains: 6 ways to stay healthy and safe this monsoon