Intruder tries to steal Halle Berry's LA house
Ronald Eugene Griffin was first spotted trespassing on Halle Berry's property in January, TMZ reported, citing law enforcement sources
A man apparently tried to steal American actress Halle Berry's Los Angeles home. According to a report and as cited by Fox News, the person tried to steal the house by fabricating a deed - and even hiring a locksmith to get inside. Ronald Eugene Griffin was first spotted trespassing on Berry's property in January, TMZ reported, citing law enforcement sources.
The suspect turned up again in March with a locksmith and had one of the locks changed. When Griffin was confronted by the keeps of the house, he called the cops and claimed that the workers were trespassing. When cops spotted his phoney paperwork, they arrested him on charges of procuring and offering a false warranty deed and petty theft.
Police say he didn't even know it was Berry's home, according to the gossip site. The representative of Berry declined to comment on the issue. The $3.8 million, Italian-style mansion in Hollywood Hills, which features ocean views, a pool and spa, and vaulted ceilings, seems to be a favoured target.
"As I opened my glass kitchen door and closed it behind me, all of a sudden I sensed someone behind me and turned to see the intruder standing less than a foot behind me, staring through my glass kitchen door," the Academy Award winner told the cops.
Top Stories of the Day:
- Here's why Ranveer Singh called up his Gully Boy co-actor Siddhant Chaturvedi!
- Mammootty's Mamangam is changing the game of movies
- Inside photos: Sushmita Sen shares precious moments from brother Rajeev's wedding
- Giorgia Andriani and Esha Gupta keep it casual for the outing in Bandra
- Shahid Kapoor and Kiara Advani promote Kabir Singh in New Delhi
- Watch video: Deepika Padukone asked for ID at Mumbai airport, this is how she reacted
- Rani Mukerji: I'm picking films that appeal to my heart
- B-town buzz: Alka Yagnik's revelations about AR Rahman; Maniesh Paul's new look
- Shahid Kapoor and Kiara Advani's Kabir Singh earns 20.21 cr; amongst top 5 2019 openers
- 5 Bollywood actors who have recently lent their voice to Hollywood movies
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe