Kailash Choudhary Profile: BJP leader makes the cut after defeating Manvendra Singh
According to his nomination papers, Kailash Choudhary was convicted in 2002 a case of 'voluntarily causing hurt and wrongful restraint'. He also has other cases pending against him
New Delhi: Kailash Choudhary has entered Parliament after defeating a Congress heavyweight, former Union minister Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra Singh. The first-time MP was sworn in as minister of state in the Narendra Modi-led government. Kailash Choudhary is the president of the Rajasthan unit of the BJP's Kisan Morcha and has been active on farmers' issues.
Kailash Choudhary won from Jat-dominated Barmer, the constituency which occupies the biggest area in Rajasthan, by a margin of over three lakh votes. The Congress expected to win after fielding Manvendra Singh who had left the BJP in 2018, following differences with the then chief minister Vasundhara Raje. The BJP picked Choudhary over its sitting MP even though he had failed last year to retain his Baytoo assembly seat, which falls under Barmer.
According to his nomination papers, Kailash Choudhary was convicted in 2002 a case of 'voluntarily causing hurt and wrongful restraint'. He also has other cases pending against him.
Top stories of the day
- Mumbai Crime: Baby kidnapper pretended to be pregnant for 7 months, reveals probe
- Maharashtra cabinet reshuffle to take place on June 16
- Pastor dupes 700 people of one parish
- Mumbai: Loose iron scaffolding at GST office leaves bizman 'brain dead'
- Mumbai Diary: Saturday Dossier
- On 51st birthday, Raj Thackeray blesses flower bouquet while Sharmila blushes
- From Shashi Tharoor's son to Laxmi Mittal's daughter: Big, fat Indian weddings
- Mumbai rains: These 15 photos will surely put a smile on your face!
- Mumbai: Alert nurse of Nair hospital helps reunite kidnapped baby with parents
- Mumbai: Vashi school refuses admission to child of single mother
- Mumbai: Bio-toilets near Gateway of India shut after wind, waves slam it leaving debris on road
- Mumbai Rains: 100 illegal structures on nullahs razed in five days by BMC
- Mumbai Rains: Three dead in tree collapse incidents in Jogeshwari, Malad, and Govandi
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Bigg Boss fame Ajaz Khan arrested for sharing controversial TikTok video