Karnataka: Breakfast meeting called by Dy CM G Parameshwara with cabinet ministers, Cong' leaders
On Wednesday, a CLP meeting was concluded. Rao had said the CLP meeting focused on the progress of the state and added that the allocation of portfolios will not be the primary concern
Bengaluru (Karnataka): Amidst brewing discontent among the legislators of the coalition parties, Deputy Chief Minister G Parameshwara on Thursday called a breakfast meeting with the Cabinet Ministers and Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) leaders.
Congress general secretary and Karnataka in-charge K C Venugopal, Congress Legislature Party (CLP) leader Siddaramaiah, KPCC president Dinesh Gundu Rao, Home minister MB Patil, Water Resources Minister D K Shivakumar, and cabinet ministers were also present in the meeting at Parameshwara's residence.
On Wednesday, a CLP meeting was concluded. Rao had said the CLP meeting focused on the progress of the state and added that the allocation of portfolios will not be the primary concern.
The JDS-Congress coalition, which is in power in the state, went through a rough patch during the campaigning of the recently held elections with leaders of both the parties accusing each other. Congress has 79 MLAs while Janata Dal-Secular (JDS) has 37 MLAs in the coalition government holding power in the state.
The tensions between the two parties benefitted the BJP which won 25 of the 28 Lok Sabha seats in Karnataka while both JDS and Congress had to content itself with just one seat each.
However, the Karnataka Congress unit had said that there was no threat to the coalition in the state.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Dr Payal Tadvi thought of suicide in November
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Bruises on Dr Payal Tadvi's back point to murder, says lawyer
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: How were three accused first to find Dr Payal Tadvi's body, ask cops
- Mumbai doctor suicide: What we know so far about Dr Payal Tadvi's death
- Twitter user trolls IRCTC for vulgar ads on app; their epic reply will leave you in splits
- Twitterati celebrate Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony
- Granddaughter takes 97-year-old woman for first prom; internet in tears
- See Photos: Large rat snake pops out of shopping cart; supermarket employee gets shock of his life
- Mumbai: Doctor in the dock for burning woman's face in Dahisar
- Mumbai: Jewellery goes missing from City Co-Op Bank's safe in Dahisar
- Check CCTV footage, says accused Lemon Salon hairstylist
- SGNP's star Yash who died of cancer was adopted by Aaditya Thackeray
- Mumbai: BMC chief finds way to fix Hindmata issue
- Will Maharashtra grab all its berths in Modi Cabinet?
- 'The Coastal Road is not only about South Mumbai'
- Explosion of CNG tank led to BEST bus fire near Gokhuldham market, Goregaon
- CSMT bridge collapse: Cops still await BMC sanction to file charge sheet against civic officials
- Amruta Fadnavis brings the house down with rocking performance in USA
- These photos of Narendra Modi will give you major travel goals!
- Love again! These famous people got married more than once
- Differently abled delivery man gets new E-vehicle, Twitter celebrates
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe