Kerala doctor suspended for performing wrong surgery on seven-year-old boy
The Kerala surgeon instead of performing a nose surgery performed hernia surgery on the boy
On May 22, 29019, Kerala Health Minister K.K. Shailaja on Wednesday ordered the suspension of a government doctor for performing a wrong surgery on a seven-year-old boy.
A statement issued here by the Minister's office said that the concerned doctor has been suspended and a detailed probe was launched into the incident that took place at the Manjeri Medical College Hospital in Malappuram district.
"There will be no leniency shown on those who err when they engage in treating patients. Those treating patients should do it with the utmost care. A detailed probe has been ordered and the boy will now be treated at state government's expenses," Shailaja said in the statement, adding that the boy was recovering well.
The Kerala based surgeon instead of performing a nose surgery performed hernia surgery on the boy. After the incident came to light, the surgeon defended his move saying that the boy had a hernia and the surgery was performed to remove that. But later on, he admitted to his mistake.
The goof-up occurred after another boy, who had a similar name as that of the seven-year-old, had come in for hernia surgery.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai cops land in LOC to search man who sent a pornographic video on WhatsApp
- mid-day test drive: Mumbai streets are alive with the danger of cylinders
- Mumbai: Priest dies of shock after seeing truck run over boy at Sion-Koliwada
- Mumbai: Snakes frequenting posh Malabar Hill Society scare residents
- Dead man's case files go missing from JJ Hospital
- Mumbai: 23 BMM students of Khalsa college stranded in final year
- Shiv Sena may get Dy CM post soon
- Thane police crack Vajreshwari temple theft, nab five
- Mumbai: Rape accused flees from cops through hospital toilet in Versova
- BJP in Mumbai North to keep 3,000 laddoos, pedas ready for Thursday
- Tushar Gandhi: To drag Bapu in was strategically planned
- Mumbai Mahila Congress seeks FIR against Vivek Oberoi for insulting women's modesty
- Court quashes sexual assault FIR against actor Jeetendra filed by cousin
- TikTok Celebrity Mohit Mor shot dead; act captured on CCTV
- Poonam Mahajan: Unseen family photos of Pramod Mahajan's daughter
- Elections 2019: Popular politicians and key battles in Mumbai
- Mumbai tour operators cancel travel plans to save the fireflies
- These photos of Milind Deora with wife Pooja and family are precious
Water activist Amla Ruia speaks to mid-day