Khadakwasla bypoll winner's cousin named in ULC land case

Published: 25 October, 2011 07:40 IST | Vivek Sabnis |

RTI activist files complaint against winning BJP candidate Bhimrao Tapkir's cousin Ganpat Tapkir for selling govt-acquired land

RTI activist files complaint against winning BJP candidate Bhimrao Tapkir's cousin Ganpat Tapkir for selling govt-acquired land

Ganpat Tapkir, a cousin of Khadakwasla assembly bypoll winner Bhimrao Tapkir of the BJP, has come under the scanner after RTI activist and builder Ravindra Barhate filed a complaint with District Collector Vikas Deshmukh and Police Commissioner Meeran Borwankar against illegal sale of government-acquired land.

Shady deal? Land near Survey Number 6/9 in Dhankawadi.
Pic/Krunal Gosavi

Barhate in the complaint claimed that Tapkir sold 64,000 sq ft of ULC land to some class IV employees and permitted them to make constructions on the land. Around 250 people have been living there since 1977, he stated.

The controversial land at Survey No 6/9 at Dhankawadi belonged to Tapkir's father, Janu Tapkir, from whom the government acquired the land for ULC in 1976. Even after knowing that he does not have rights over the land, Tapkir allegedly once again sold the property to a builder Dilip Kastiya by making an agreement of Rs 64 lakh at the Haweli tehsil office on January 9, 2008.

"The entire agreement process was illegal as no 7/12 extract (original land documents) were submitted. Tapkir, Kastiya and the sub-registrar of the Haweli tehsil office are involved in this illegal transaction," said Barhate.
Barhate added that Tapkir made the agreement on the basis of developing this land by using the TDR (Transferable Development Rights).

"Nobody can use TDR for construction on government land. The entire process could be illegal for those who
purchase the land and the banks that finance the flat holders. This is a criminal offence as it has cheated the government of Rs 12 crore," he said.

Barhate, also blaming the PMC for not verifying the land that falls under the ULC, said that the civic body was only concerned about recovering property tax from the people staying on that land. District Collector, Vikas Deshmukh, said, "We'll study the matter and take appropriate action if required."

State of ULC land
Of the total ULC land in Pune, only 20 per cent has been used by the government for the PMC fire brigade station and the MSEDCL transformer. The remaining 80 per cent land has been encroached upon by slumdwellers and other illegal structures.

The Other Side
Navnath Tapkir, a kin of Ganpat Tapkir, and builder Dilip Kastiya refused to comment claiming that they were unaware about the matter.

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from

loading image
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK