Kirti Kulhari: Don't want to take pressure of performing well
Actress Kirti Kulhari doesn't want to take on the pressure of performing well in her next project as she says that it doesn't work well with her
Actress Kirti Kulhari doesn't want to take on the pressure of performing well in her next project as she says that it doesn't work well with her. This year, it was a great start for Kirti as she enjoyed the success of Uri: The Surgical Strike and Four More Shots Please!. She won Best Actor (Female) Award in the short film category of Filmfare Awards for her short film Maya.
"I had a great start to the year if we look at it... With Uri... and Four More Shots becoming such a big success in their own right. If something has worked for you, then there is this unsaid pressure around you, which sort of comes to you to some extent and you kind of take it upon yourself thinking that maybe people expect things to work," Kirti told IANS.
But the actress avoids taking the pressure. "While people might have expectations, I feel what I am doing from my side is avoiding putting my own pressure on myself about performing well at the box office. In fact, I don't want to take the pressure of performing well, because when I take the pressure of any sort, it doesn't work for me. I need to be relaxed and keep doing what I believe I know and what comes to me and what works for me," she said.
Kirti thinks it is important to remind oneself is that "success or failure of anything that you do in life is not in your hands". "I am going to stick to this funda in my life. I have a bunch of interesting things lined up this year. It is exciting times ahead."
She will soon be seen in Bard of Blood. The Netflix show is an adaptation of author Bilal Siddiqi's eponymous novel.
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Decoding Disha Patani's Instagram: She is the perfect combination of cute and hot
- See photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan's 'age-defying' yoga poses shut down trolls
- Shahid Kapoor reveals an intimate detail about his relationship with wife Mira
- Janhvi Kapoor, Mira Rajput, Kriti Sanon sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Saaho Teaser: Shraddha Kapoor and Prabhas promise a visual treat
- Shahid Kapoor on son Zain: He's so good looking, I'm fanboying him all day
- Celeb spotting: Meezan, Sharmin Segal, Tara Sutaria, Neeru Bajwa clicked
- Disha Patani birthday: These videos prove why she is the ultimate fitness queen
- Juhu Diaries: Sara Ali Khan and Kartik Aaryan look from the next film goes viral
- Neil Nitin Mukesh on Bypass Road: Wrote film keeping myself in mind
- Ayushmann Khurrana: Mainstream is an abused word
- Asha Negi, Rithvik Dhanjani and Karan Wahi have a blast in London; see photos
- Have you seen these fabulous pictures of Disha Patani?
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Kay Kay Menon and Kirti Kulhari now take you back to the 70's with 'San Pachattar'