Lewis Hamilton sends F1 car and trophy to a 5-year-old kid dying from cancer
After Lewis Hamilton was shown the kid's message by Mercedes, the five-time Formula 1 world champion sent many gifts including a replica Formula One car and the Spanish Grand Prix trophy
A terminally-ill fan received a bunch of surprise gifts from formula one champion Lewis Hamilton after he sent him a good luck message ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix.
Lewis Hamilton revealed that he was inspired to bag a win at the Spanish Grand Prix by a fan -- five-year-old Harry Shaw -- who suffers from a rare bone cancer and has just a week to live.
After Lewis Hamilton was shown the kid's message by Mercedes, the five-time Formula 1 world champion sent many gifts including a replica Formula One car and the Spanish Grand Prix trophy.
According to DailyMail, as a thank you, the five-year-old kid sent a video from his hospital bed saying: 'Hello Lewis Hamilton. Good luck winning the race in Spain and thank you for all of the gifts. Lots of love from Harry and goodbye.'
Lewis Hamilton said after the race, "I got a great message from this young kid called Harry and he just became my spirit angel. When I woke up this morning, I was a bit lost and wondering how today was going to go. Then I saw that message and I was like, "I see you, Harry, I've got you".
Lewis Hamilton continued, "I was looking for inspiration and something to grab to, so I dedicate today's race to him. You try to go out there and do something for someone. It doesn't always turn out as well as it has but I hope he is watching. I will be sending him a message shortly after this, and we are going to try and do something special for him."
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Aditya Pancholi claims he was threatened with a rape case, submits video
- Mumbai: Kids show how to sort out Vile Parle's traffic woes
- Mumbai: BPO firm asked to pay Rs 2.62 crore or face recovery proceedings
- Mumbai: Narrow approach stalls Jogeshwari project
- Pune: Honest janitor returns mangalsutra worth Rs 2 lakh
- Deven Bharti is new ATS chief, Maharashtra
- Mumbai: HC refuses to vacate stay on BMC's Tree Authority
- Medicine shortage: BMC blacklists rogue supplier
- Dadar's Chitra Cinema to shut down; SOTY 2 to be its last day last show
- Nick Barnes: Power to humiliate has increased dramatically
- Action should follow new BMC chief's promises
- Ramona Narang: The transformation of high society's once wild child
- Aranya Johar: The 20-year-old poet who is taking the internet by storm
- A walk through Mohammed Ali Road's Khau Galli
- Interesting facts about the Holy Month of Ramzan
Top Sports stories today
- Chris Gayle chooses yoga over gym in build up to World Cup 2019
- Asking Indian players to have sex was a joke: Paddy Upton
- Have you seen these photos of Rahul Dravid with his wife, teammates?
- Cheeku, Tendlya, Polly, Gilly: Do you know these quirky nicknames of famous cricketers?
- No more hearings, VVS Laxman intimates ethics officer
- Kuldeep Yadav: IPL form will have no bearing on World Cup
- World Cup 2019: Go on Hardik Pandya... thrive now!
- T20: Panthers pounce on Eagles
- World Cup: MS Dhoni, Rohit Sharma to be part of strategy pool, says Virat Kohli
- What is different in Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni's captaincy styles? Jonty Rhodes speaks
- Shikhar Dhawan on being in constant touch with Rohit Sharma: He's not my wife!
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe