Madhya Pradesh to follow South Korean education model, says Kamal Nath
The team suggested to the Department to go in for structural reforms, make action plans related to classroom teaching, and take up other creative measures in schools in Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath has announced that the education system in the state will be revamped on the lines of the system in South Korea. Taking inspiration from South Korea's education system, considered as one of the best in the world, the education system in the state will be changed so that it is able to provide speedy employment to students by developing their creative skills.
Education Department officials said that in South Korea, Class 12 pass out children get employed because there is an attempt to enhance the creativity of children through education. To study this, a team of experts toured the country from June 1-6. The team visited two government schools, one university, and two vocational training centres and reviewed their education system.
On Monday, the team members apprised state Education Department head Rashmi Arun Shami about the education system in South Korea and told her about the innovative ways in which students there are taught. They said the schools take the help of information technology companies for vocational training and these companies then conduct placements in the school to hire the passing out students.
The team suggested to the Department to go in for structural reforms, make action plans related to classroom teaching, and take up other creative measures in schools in Madhya Pradesh.
Shami said that based on the report by the experts' team, the Department will soon introduce a creativity-based education policy for the state.
Top stories of the day
- Mumbai receives cyclonic rain before monsoon hits around June 15
- Mumbai: Esplanade holds key to heritage tag for whole precinct
- Mumbai Crime: Auto driver threatens to sever traffic cop's head, arrested in Khar
- Mumbai: NEET topper's face in ads of 3 different classes raises hackles
- Mumbai: Two die after auto crushed between dumper, private bus on EEH
- Mumbai: Chaos alert as BMC shuts old bridges in Juhu and Oshiwara
- Politicians to plant 9,000 trees for the 3,000 hacked over Metro 4 work
- Dr Ram Puniyani: To label me anti-Hindu is a carefully constructed prism'
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Court proceedings in Dr Payal Tadvi's case to be recorded on video
- Mumbai Crime: IIT scholar who stalked woman for 5 years held in Bihar
- BMC chief Praveen Pardeshi: New zoo will help preserve Aarey better
- Sewri police arrest 'smart' thieves; discover plan to rob jewellery shops
- Mumbai: Two kids and five dogs electrocuted in first showers
- Nmami Agarwal: Celebrity nutritionist who has trained Manushi Chhillar
- Mumbai Rains: City welcomes first heavy showers of monsoon
- Masaba Gupta looks gorgeous in all-white ensemble
- Woman on flight opens emergency exit door mistaking it for toilet
- Tanuja on the road to recovery; Kajol shares a picture with mother
- Man stabbed to death by his friend over ludo game
- World Cup 2019: Anushka Sharma can't stop praising husband Virat Kohli's on-field gesture
- Yuvraj Singh receives a standing ovation from rumoured ex-girlfriend Kim Sharma on his retirement
- Yuvraj Singh: Cricket taught me to fight, fall, dust myself and get up
- World Cup 2019: ICC needs to take a serious look at the LED bails
- An era ends with Girish Karnad; last rites take place in Bengaluru
- Dino Morea and Shibani Dandekar spotted at an eatery in Bandra
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Salman Khan in legal trouble yet again?